oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 3-1

Boro vs Cardiff

Tuesday, February 23, 7.45pm

We may have a weekend with no match thanks to the FA Cup - but that doesn't mean we don't have talking points to consider with Cardiff arriving on Tuesday. It's time we got back on track. But first... something more important...

_86909889_bbtees-431.jpg

Fans get to pay their respects to the Voice of the Boro on Tuesday. There will be a big-screen tribute to Ali Brownlee, whose voice carried us through so many highs and lows of our Boro supporting days. Who cheered on that glorious European run. Who mourned with us the doldrums of relegation.

There will be a minute's applause before kick-off and another on 56 minutes, to mark the age he was when he died. Truly one of us, and I'm sure supporters will be loud and proud for him. While if there is a heaven, the angels will be complaining about the noisy newcomer shouting down from the clouds above.

The game

A home game... is this what we need to get back on track? We've been stuttering along for a little while now - although our new recruits, in De Laet, Rhodes and Ramirez have looked promising. Is this the time now we put an end to this sequence?

We are somehow still second - but the form table has us 16th over the past six matches. That's a long way from the imperious form that saw us cruise to a record number of clean sheets.

The crucial part has been at the other end of the pitch, however, where we seem to have dried up on the goals front - and certainly not looked like a team that a short time ago was being regarded as favourites to win the league.

The opposition

If our recent form has been rubbish, then Cardiff's has been... well, middling. 10th on form over the past six, 12th over the past ten doesn't speak of a team that will be too confident - and our scrappy 1-0 defeat to them in October to a George Friend own goal wasn't a classic that will have too many TV channels excitedly waiting for our highlights. However, they do have a Saturday game, against decent opposition in Brighton, and a long away trip on Tuesday after that might see us take advantage of some tiredness.

In typical crazy Cardiff fashion, owner Vincent Tan has recently weighed in, demanding that players "shoot more". He said recently: "In every match I want to see 30 or 40 attempts on goal."

For the betting contingent here, I think it's fair to say you'll get good odds on there being 30 attempts on goal by Cardiff. Their top scorer is Noone (that's Craig Noone, not No One) with six - and they sit five points outside the play-off spots.

View from the opposition: They're looking at Brighton for now but here's their forum http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=6ba269632e0bee3023b7142e0a0b594c

Line-up

Rhodes will surely start - and Ramirez too, but beyond that, given our rubbish form of late, who deserves a spot? Downing has been underperforming lately, so is his place safe?

There's also... opportunity? Clayton is out with suspension - so is this the time for the much talked about option of Forshaw to push a little more forward than our solid defensive two? Or will Karanka play De Sart and have us all moaning?

Gibson's suspended too - so will Dael Fry have another starting chance? Ayala was injured against Leeds too - here's hoping he's fit and well.

Here's my two penn'orth

[align=center]Dimi

Nsue         Ayala       Fry       De Laet

Leadbitter          

Forshaw

Adomah                             Downing

Ramirez

Rhodes

[/align]

Talking Points

1. When will this bad run end? When?

2. Should Adomah get back in ahead of Stuani who seems to have run dry?

3. How do Cardiff fans put up with their owner?

4. What was your favourite Ali Brownlee moment?

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I really hope it ends on Tuesday, but I've been saying this before the last 3 games, so who knows.

2. He should in my opinion, Stuani hasn't done anything recently, and Adomah looked hungry and impressive when he came on.

3. They don't have a choice.

4. Favourite Ali moment was his commentary when Schwarzer saved the last minute penalty against City.

Our Team Slection from Mogga on this day in 2013:

Steele; Williams, McManus, Bikey, Friend, Bailey, Leadbitter, Smallwood, McEchran, Halliday, Emnes

The turn around in the last 3 years has been monumental. 3 points on Tuesday!

Tuesday. 3-0 to the Boro.

Yeah, he looked lively when he came on.

Dance with the devil, and all that.

Bit of an obscure one, but when we beat Man United 2-0 at the Riverside in the FA Cup in 2002, Andy Campbell scored the second, he just shouted "ANDY!!!!" No description of the goal or anything, just passion.

It's always stuck with me as the type of commentary that only Ali could get away with.

Tuesday, has to be nervy 1-0

Stuani looks like he could do with a rest, so yes from me

We're spoilt, and they are stuck with theirs

Mine is the 3rd goal against Stuea, he completely loses it and IIRC even forgets to mention chris riggot for ages All local commentators are biased, but none like Ali brownlee

The one thing about Stuani is that against Leeds he was actually got in position to miss the chances, so he's actually still getting there.

I have a feeling that we could see Adomah on the left, Stuani on the right, Leadbitter and Downing, Ramirez behind Rhodes, Karanka may shock us all and go 4-4-2,hold on there's a pig just flew over the house.

Ali's best moment, definitely Steau, absolute classic Ali, best piece of commentary ever.

It will end on Tuesday

Not in my opinion, he plays brilliantly when dropped only to go back to being poor.

Stuani is a much better player imo. If friend is injured I'd like to see de laet at RB which will help Stuani.

TBF he has just wrote of £60m+ of their debt, no small amount. A necessary evil I think.

Steau hands down.

If all are fit I'd like to see

GK  Dimi

RB  De Laet

CB  Ayala      

CB  Kalas   

LB  Friend

CDM Leaditter    

CM  Foreshaw

RW  Stuani

LW  Ramirez

CF  Nugent

ST Rhodes

De Laet going back to Leicester apparently. :(

This would be a real shame in my opinion.

I really like the look of him so far ( I know its only been 3 games).

Must be recalling Husband back if this is the case..

De Laet going back to Leicester apparently. :(

Please say the source isn't that fake account from the other thread.

No idea where the story has come from just lots of Boro fans tweeting about it