oneBoro Forum

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

A few players definitely looked a little tired last night.

Leadbitter, Clayton and Nsue in particular in the second half. Clayton due to the monumental effort he put in.

Will we finally see de Saert?

Albert could do with a rest too but with Stuani out probably won't get one.

I think this team is still good enough to get a win against a very poor bolton side

Dimi

Kalas Ayala Gibson De Laet

Foreshaw Clayton

Adomah Ramirez Downing

Nugent

Comfortable 3-0 win

----------------- Dimi -----------------

Kalas -- Gibson-- Ayala -- De Laet

------ Clayton ------Forshaw ------

Adomah --- Nugent ---- Downing

-------------- Rhodes --------------

Leaving Ramirez out again may seem a bit odd, but I think he'll play every one of the last 4, and so this will be the last sit-out he has.

Not sure about the back 4, one of the CBs could get a rest, but I think Nsue and Friend will probably sit this one out after the sheer amount of running they do.

Could see De Pena or Husband, but I think it will be off the bench.

I think it will be 3-0 as well, but going to go for 2-0 just to be different. Rhodes and Ayala.

Me reverting back to complete panic mode has seen us win the last 4 so i'll stick with it and hide in a signal free zone until 5pm.

1-1, complete banana skin, everyones knackered and we're all doomed, DOOMED i tell yer!!

Kalas -- Gibson-- Ayala -- De Laet

------ Clayton ------Forshaw ------

Adomah --- Nugent ---- Downing

Leaving Ramirez out again may seem a bit odd, but I think he'll play every one of the last 4, and so this will be the last sit-out he has.

Not sure about the back 4, one of the CBs could get a rest, but I think Nsue and Friend will probably sit this one out after the sheer amount of running they do.

Could see De Pena or Husband, but I think it will be off the bench.

I think it will be 3-0 as well, but going to go for 2-0 just to be different. Rhodes and Ayala.

Ah Tom.... Will your Nugent and Rhodes wish ever come true?

I take it that you aren't a fan of twisted flumps. :)

Nsue -- Gibson-- Ayala -- Friend

------ Leadbitter ------Forshaw ------

Adomah --- Ramirez ---- Downing

think karanka will want to keep the momentum and not make too many changes

hoping for 3-0 boro rhodes fgs

WE WANT 6!

WE WANT 6!

WE WANT 6!

Wins in a row that is, 6 goals would be nice mind. Who else is still on a high from last night? UNBERRRLIEVABLEEE

If we play with the same intensity we have been playing recently this *could* be one of our biggest wins of the season but we must not take Bolton lightly, they are down and out but they will want to give their fans some hope for next season.

Can see several changes with Tuesday's game in mind but whatever side we put out it should be more than good enough to win.

4-1 Boro.

Great opening post BB as usual.

Been to the last 3 home games on the bounce and, other than Huddersfield, they have been tight games where at stages Boro have played some great football, then looked to shoot themselves in the foot or take their foot off the gas.

We should beat Bolton comfortably. They are down and had a terrible season and seem to have plenty of internal turmoil. Whilst not being pessimistic, of our 9 defeats this season 7 have been against teams in the bottom half, together with draw away to MK Dons. Bolton players will likely be on the beach, but we thought that of Reading prior to the game last night and to an extent Preston on Saturday but both came and gave us a really good game.

I think it will be tighter than we think but will go with a 1:0, Rhodes to score

AK is spot on, we take nothing for granted and show our opposition respect.

Stuanis ban certainly comes at the wrong time as he would no doubt have played a part in these games. Both Adomah and Nsue has played a lot of minutes recently so a break for them could be important. I'm guessing one of them will miss out with de Laet at right back. Id probably start with Adomah and then take him off if we are ahead after the first half.

----------------Dimi-------------

de Laet--Ayala--Kalas-Friend

-------Clayton---Forshaw------

Adomah---Nugent---Downing

-------------Rhodes-------------

Rests for Nsue, Leadbitter and Ramirez while players like Clayton, Downing and Adomah to come off if we manager to get ahead by two goals. Starting Nugent ahead of Ramirez may be a gamble but we should still be good enough to beat a very poor Bolton side.

Great shout with Husband coming in at LB, everyone has been saying Friend was MOTM last night but I thought he looked knackered and gave more than a few passes away. Give him probably his first rest of the season this Saturday, Hubby is good enough to come in against Bolton.

Honestly couldn't say whether Rhodes or Nugent will start, but I imagine a shocking Bolton defence would fear both. However with no Stuani I doubt we'll see both in from the off. Rhodes for me.

I'd go with

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibson Husband

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Ramirez Downing

Rhodes

Stuanis ban certainly comes at the wrong time as he would no doubt have played a part in these games. Both Adomah and Nsue has played a lot of minutes recently so a break for them could be important. I'm guessing one of them will miss out with de Laet at right back. Id probably start with Adomah and then take him off if we are ahead after the first half.

Rests for Nsue, Leadbitter and Ramirez while players like Clayton, Downing and Adomah to come off if we manager to get ahead by two goals. Starting Nugent ahead of Ramirez may be a gamble but we should still be good enough to beat a very poor Bolton side.

We can't think like that, we've slipped up in enough away games with that attitude over the last 2 seasons. We have to pick the best team available, get 3 points in the bag then worry about the next match, some players will be tired and may need resting, but the shape of the team needs to remain the same.

We have performed terribly against some of the bottom teams and that was partly due to the players thinking that all they had to do was show up and they'd win. This next game is worth 3 points just like the last one, just like the one after, we need to be focussed.

We can't think like that, we've slipped up in enough away games with that attitude over the last 2 seasons. We have to pick the best team available, get 3 points in the bag then worry about the next match, some players will be tired and may need resting, but the shape of the team needs to remain the same.

We have performed terribly against some of the bottom teams and that was partly due to the players thinking that all they had to do was show up and they'd win. This next game is worth 3 points just like the last one, just like the one after, we need to be focussed.

I completely agree that the players and staff can't think like that, but as fans there is no harm in thinking that even a tweeked boro lineup should beat Bolton. We are talking about bringing in seasoned pros to give others a rest. At this stage of the season you have to keep an eye on the next fixture as we don't want players to be too knackered. Rotation is good to keep players fresh. Would we have been able to go on for 95 minutes looking for a winner yesterday if players hadn't been rotated and given rests over the past few weeks?

Some players need more rest than others, but as a team we should still be too good for a relegated Bolton side. I'm sure AK will drill into the players heads that they have to give 100% and respect Bolton. Yesterday could prove a small wakeup call that we have to give 100% always and not let the opposition into the match.