oneBoro Forum

Relegation Rivals

This should have its own thread rather than hid away in in Non-Boro Football.

On a day when Swansea fired a warning shot over the bows of all relegation rivals, sighting that they were going to make a fist of the battle with their shiney new manager. On the other hand Fat Sam has enjoyed a poor start with Crystal Palace, can he work his magic again, or has his luck finally run out?

Also Watford find themselves being sucked in.

It's all getting very tight now and looking like it will go to the wire. Fasten your seat belts we're in for a bumpy ride no doubts about that...

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I do think Burnley will be drawn back into it and West Ham I think they will be in it as well. They have a decent squad but as I mentioned i t seems theres something more deep rooted than just poor form with them this season. I think Palace will survive mainly due to Allardyce. But this transfer window will be crucial for all involved.

I do think Burnley will be drawn back into it and West Ham I think they will be in it as well. They have a decent squad but as I mentioned i t seems theres something more deep rooted than just poor form with them this season. I think Palace will survive mainly due to Allardyce. But this transfer window will be crucial for all involved.

I suspect West Ham will spend big to make sure their first season in the new stadium doesn't end in relegation. Of course, buying alone won't guarantee staying up, but it'll give them an advantage over at least Sunderland and Hull, I think, as it sounds like neither of those are spending much money.

Lots of teams can still get sucked in. Fail to win for three games and you are back in the mire. Burnley have pulled a bit clear and credit to that but they were fortunate to have two home games against relegation candidates over Christmas and looking at their upcoming fixtures I can see them be out of trouble. The likes of Watford, Palace, West Ham and Leicester are still down there with us, but you'd expect teams like West Ham and Leicester to pull clear as they do have some good players and Palace now have Sam along with some very good players. Looking at the table I see Boro and Watford as the two teams the current bottom three have to hope will lose it.

Lots of teams can still get sucked in. Fail to win for three games and you are back in the mire. Burnley have pulled a bit clear and credit to that but they were fortunate to have two home games against relegation candidates over Christmas and looking at their upcoming fixtures I can see them be out of trouble. The likes of Watford, Palace, West Ham and Leicester are still down there with us, but you'd expect teams like West Ham and Leicester to pull clear as they do have some good players and Palace now have Sam along with some very good players. Looking at the table I see Boro and Watford as the two teams the current bottom three have to hope will lose it.

True. I'd say that anyone from Burnley down COULD be in it, but Burnley have now given themselves a great buffer, should they hit a dip in form. We could/should have done the same, but have failed to capitalise on some opportunities.

I don't think that Swansea or Sunderland are going to roll over. In fact the only team that I can see who might be cut adrift is Hull.

Talking of failing to win for three games and getting sucked in, we could quite easily get a very low return of points from our final six fixtures.

Let's hope that we are more or less safe by mid-April !!

Was looking at the league last night and thought teams on 25 points or less could still get dragged into it... we just need to make sure we are picking up points from those around us... Watford away is Huge now... in my opinion it's a must no lose rather than a must win

West Ham have just been screwed with injuries. They'll be fine.

Swansea and Hull are doomed, if you ask me. The final relegation spot is like a game of Boro, Palace, Watford and Leicester trying to get one of three safe chairs, when the music stops.

I think Westham Burnley, Stoke, West Brom and Bournemouth are safe, sort of.

Swansea and Hull are doomed, if you ask me. The final relegation spot is like a game of Boro, Palace, Watford and Leicester trying to get one of three safe chairs, when the music stops.

Sunderland?

Swansea and Hull are doomed, if you ask me. The final relegation spot is like  a game of Boro, Palace, Watford and Leicester trying to get one of three safe chairs, when the music stops.

Sunderland?

Ofc Sunderland too. :)

My bad, thanks for telling.