oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Watford (Away) 0-0

*Opens Football Manager* .. 

*Opens 'Middlesbrough Save'*

Last Match: Middlesbrough 3-0 Sheffield Wednesday (FA Cup)

Next Match: Saturday 14th January 2017 (2 days)

English Premier League

Watford v Middlesbrough

Vicarage Road

Inbox

Nugent Signs for Derby

David Nugent has joined Julien De Sart in joining The Rams. He has joined on a two-and-a-half year deal for a reported £2.5m after spending a year-and-a-half with Boro, making 42 league appearances and scoring 8 goals, including

against Hull City last season.

Stewart Off Down To Palace?

Stewart Downing is wanted by Crystal Palace on a permanent deal. 

Stalemate at Vicarage?

Watford 6/4     Draw 2/1     Middlesbrough 19/10 (Premier League)

According to Ladbrokes, a draw is the most likely option with both teams out of form going into this battle at Vicarage Road.

The referee for this game will be Jonathan Moss, who has shown 78 yellow cards and 2 red cards in 18 games so far this season. He reffed Middlesbrough's losses to Chelsea and Liverpool earlier this season, Watford's loss to Chelsea and Watford's win against Hull.

Watford scouting report

Juanjo Vila has sent the report on Watford as requested.

Form: L - L - D - L - L (League)

Goals Scored Home: 15 (23 total)

Goals Conceded Home: 17 (36 total)

Watford have scored 69.6% of their goals in the second half, while conceding the majority (58%) of their goals in the first. Watford have conceded first in 13 of their 20 games, and have gone on to lose 9 of those games.

Top Goal Scorer: Capoue (5)

Likely Line-Up: Gomes; Kaboul, Prodl, Britos; Kabasele, Behrami, Capoue, Holebas; Doucoure, Deeney, Ighalo

Past Meetings

Watford                   Played 37     Won 16     Drawn 7     Lost 14

Middlesbrough          Played 37     Won 14     Drawn 7     Lost 16

Last Five Meetings

16 October 2016 Middlesbrough 0-1 Watford (Premier League)

6 April 2015 Watford 2-0 Middlesbrough (Championship)

25 October 2014 Middlesbrough 1-1 Watford (Championship)

15 February 2014 Watford 1-0 Middlesbrough (Championship)

9 November 2013 Middlesbrough 2-2 Watford (Championship)

First Ever Meeting

12 January 1924 Middlesbrough 0-1 Watford (FA Cup)

Pre-Match press conference about to begin

• Getting Accrington Stanley in the next round of the FA Cup, should we be looking to go on a cup run, or focus on survival in the league?
  • Are we going to sign anyone? With Downing set to leave to Palace, and Ayala seemingly out also, surely we have some replacements lined up?
  • What are your opinions on Watford as opponents? How have the two teams got on and changed since the last match at the Riverside?
  • What is your preferred line-up for this game?
  • Who hasn't got over Nugent leaving?

Squad Selection

Guzan; Fabio, Chambers, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, De Roon, Forshaw; Stuani, Ramirez; Negredo

Submit Team or Make Changes?

Let's Give The Fans Something To Cheer Today...

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Jimmy and not just because I am going to the game I really think it is about time we got 3 points against Watford who seem to be a bit of a bogey team at the moment.

A win here would ease a lot of pressure and I believe we can do just that in fact maybe Gestede will get his first Boro goal if he plays

Love the opening post!

Very important that we pick up points this month with lots of our rivals losing players to AFCON and us having an easy run of games. I'd like to see 7 or 8 points between us and the relegation zone by the end of the month.

AK said in his press conference that Valdes and Fischer will be back but Gaston and Barragan are out

No Gaston :@ Guess we will have Fischer and Stuani behind Negredo then. After a strong game against Wednesday I think Stuani deserves to play ahead of Traore unless Fischer isn't ready to start.

I'm struggling to remember when Gaston got injured if it was in a game?

He was rubbish against Leicester so I don't know if he was playing with a knock then? Came off for Downing towards the end but didn't seem to be limping.