oneBoro Forum

Cost of football in 2017

The Beeb has just done another survey on how much it costs to follow your football team, at a time when overall attendances appear to be increasing, but younger fans (18 - 24) feel they are being priced out of the sport.

The link below allows you to enter your club, whether you buy a season or matchday ticket and shows you how much you're likely to spend over a season.

Also has comparisons to the rest of the teams in the league, as well as the league average.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41914171

***SPOILER ALERT***

Boro are still at the lower end of the table for cheapest season tickets and stone dead last in terms of cheapest matchday tickets.

The Beeb has just done another survey on how much it costs to follow your football team, at a time when overall attendances appear to be increasing, but younger fans (18 - 24) feel they are being priced out of the sport.

The link below allows you to enter your club, whether you buy a season or matchday ticket and shows you how much you're likely to spend over a season.

Also has comparisons to the rest of the teams in the league, as well as the league average.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Boro are still at the lower end of the table for cheapest season tickets and stone dead last in terms of cheapest matchday tickets.

We're nowhere near the most expensive match day ticket.

***SPOILER ALERT***

According to that list we are the most expensive cheapest ticket

***SPOILER ALERT***

According to that list we are the most expensive cheapest ticket

I didn't see a list for matchday tickets, I saw one for cost per goal scored last season?

It may be because I'm on my phone but there is no table for cheapest matchday ticket for me, or any table on matchday tickets.

In that table Rich shows, our cheapest ticket is £27. That is higher than every other club in the division.

Our most expensive is only £7 more though. The gap between both cheapest and dearest is probably one of the lowest in the division. A quick look through that table, I think that's the 5th smallest gap, with Burton in 1st, Sunderland and Wolves joint 2nd and Preston 4th.