oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham 2-0 (Assombalonga (2) )

oQ6lmVI.jpg

[align=center]

Details[/align]

Teams – Middlesbrough v Buurminghum

Location – The Stadium where Middlesbrough play their home games

Competition – The Championship

Date – Wed 22nd November 2017

Kick off – 19:45

Introduction

A Quickie from me this time (ooh err).

The Last Games

Boro:

Leeds 2 – 1 Boro

Leeds took the leads after the Boro players wore their Lead filled boots. Leadbitter.

Birmingham:

Birmingham 1 – 0 Nottingham Forest

Che Adams got the fifth minute goal. He clearly doesn’t get his finishing skills from his parents, who couldn’t even be bothered to finish his name. I wonder what they were going for? Ched? Chevron? Chelsea Pensioner?

Availability/Injury News

Boro:

:) - Everyone appears to be available

Birmingham:

:( - Brum has failed his MOT

Form (League only - most recent last)

Boro: DLWWWL

Birmingham: WLDLLW

The View From The Other Side

To come

The Un(ger)-Official Match Preview

I think we will win, with more goals scored than they score. And less goals conceded than they concede.

Famous Quotes about Birmingham

"I've heard very bad, bad, bad things about you Birmingham people”

- Someone off the Peaky Blinders

Tommy (introducing himself): “From Birmingham”. “Goodness!” said May. Tommy: “No, not much."

- Someone off the Peaky Blinders

"Working in Birmingham for the first time was the best thing, especially as it was round the corner from my mum’s house in Harborne"

- Kate Ashfield

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't a hope in hell this team gets played but I'd go for..

Randolph

Christie        Ayala          Gibson         Friend

Howson    Forshaw   Downing

Bamford        Braithewaite

Britt

First off let me start by saying I much prefer 4-2-3-1, however we just don't have the personnel to play it well for me so I've gone for more of a 4-3-3. Keeper and back 4 picks itself, Friend has been trash, Fabio not really any better, I'm just clinging on to hope that Friend is a notoriously bad starter and he gets back up to speed this game.

The 3 mids, its no coincidence that Downing impacted the game and looked a lot better the last 20 mins against Leeds when moved into a playmaker role. Hes a central player in my eyes, strangles us going forward when played as a attacking player but I do however think he can be effective as a championship Pirlo type player. Howson has been slightly better than the rest and has more in his locker and I've picked Forshaw simply because hes much quicker to get rid of the ball. Leadboots and Clayton are doing my nut in with their ponderous plays.

Braithewaite and Britt pick themselves and I've put Bamford in (even though there isn't a hope in hell he plays). I think Braithwaite has looked a little lost with Downing and Tav next to him as neither want to play quick, aggressive, attacking 1/2's. Bamford has the intelligence to compliment these plays and also offers a goal threat.

Have lost quite a lot of interest after watching the game yesterday. Had so high hopes that we would be back from the break strong after winning three on the trot. Sadly we were gash and I don't believe we have it in us to mount a top-2 challenge. Playoffs will hopefully be within our reach and from there anything can happen. We're a disjointed team that is very easy to defend against, and Brum will look to frustrate us. A dirty and uninspiring 1-0 win.

I could live with that too but i'd like to give Tav an extended run and Birmingham at home is a game i think he'd do well.

Understand that as well but I feel we need something different, we still haven't addressed our midfield issues, this is when we badly miss Ramirez in his Championship best!

I genuinely don't have a clue what to do about that left wing spot.

Tavernier means well and works hard but I don't think he'd stand out in a League One team yet. He's not as good as Adam Reach was for us and he couldn't get a look in.

Johnson has had one good game. Admittedly it was a very good game but since then he's looked average at best.

Then there's Traore. We all know what he can and can't do. Sticking him on the left would sacrifice the width he provides. Sticking him on the right would sacrifice what good Downing has brought recently. Not to mention that as much as he did good yesterday, he flat out refused to pass to his partner Roberts at every opportunity.

I think if any time was right to start thinking of working back to the formation that actually looked good in pre-season, this is it. If for nothing other than the fact we don't have a significant threat on the left wing so it seems pointless to play with wingers.

We could stick Braithwaite out there and move Downing to AM and then have Traore on the right. I'd rather Traore started at the moment and have us on the front foot trying to grab the first goal as opposed to him coming on when we are chasing the game. Alternatively we play 4-4-2 with Braithwaite and Downing on the wings and Rudy up front with Britt. Would suit Monks boring 80's hoofball style.