oneBoro Forum

One spot left who will get it and where will we finish?

With Cardiff winning today against Bristol City (yes if only we had won yesterday) is it fair to say that realistically there is now only one spot left for a top 6 play off position?

Yes points will be dropped but the likelihood of Wolves, Cardiff, Villa, Derby and Fulham losing that many games to drop out of the top 6 seems ludicrous.

Fighting for 6th spot will be Bristol City, Boro, Sheffield United, PNE and a possible late flurry from Leeds, Brentford and maybe Ipswich.

To close to call but we need wins against BC, SU, Leeds and probably Brentford and Ipswich to remotely stand a chance.

Am I way off the mark or is the thread fair to say?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought that for a while to be honest and I don't see us reaching it. It's not just results like yesterday, I just don't think the group as a whole fits. The fact we're still so close to 6th after one manager who abandoned his new philosophy after one injury and one manager who has a squad that doesn't suit his style of play that was barely touched in January really doesn't reflect well on the overall quality of the division this season and says a lot about how much of an opportunity we've missed to go up with Wolves this season.

If we finish top 6 this season, then the league doesn't lie, but it would just prove what a poor league it is given the dross we've served up, other teams above us will drop points but and we most certainly will. Every time we've had a chance to make inroads towards the top 6 we've blew it, I don't think its bottle, we're just not good enough.

We are entering the funny part of the season where anything can happen. Strange and unexpected wins and loses that just go against form. We have all seen big score lines so hang onto your hats the bigger surprise comes at the end of the rollercoaster. Would we deserve to be in the playoffs or dare I say get promoted, he’ll no but being where we are with the dross we have played says much about the state of the championship this year.

Villa, Cardiff, Fulham, (and obviously Wolves) nailed for top 6 I reckon. Slight possibility of Derby slipping out. They have been on quite a slide recently, considering at one point they were sat in 2nd with a little gap to 3rd. Only two wins in 2018 I believe, but they would still have to seriously choke to drop out the play-offs so v unlikely.

Its going to be so tight for 6th with only two wins separating 6th and 13th right now. Could be multiple teams still with a chance going into the last game of the season.

I can only see Brentford being a real threat to our 6th spot claim!

Bristol City and Sheffield United will drop loads of points on the rollercoaster ride they have allready begun and Ipswich, Leeds and Preston will NOT make it.

Brentford and Boro are the only ones in that bunch, who are on the way up, together with Millwall and maybe Norwich.

Bristol City and Sheffield United will drop loads of points on the rollercoaster ride they have allready begun and Ipswich, Leeds  and Preston will NOT make it.

Brentford and Boro are the only ones in that bunch, who are on the way up, together with Millwall and maybe Norwich.

Leeds beat Brentford yesterday, and I'm trying to work out how we are on the way up based on our latest performances which have been dross.

Bristol City and Sheffield United will drop loads of points on the rollercoaster ride they have allready begun and Ipswich, Leeds  and Preston will NOT make it.

Leeds beat Brentford yesterday, and I'm trying to work out how we are on the way up based on our latest performances which have been dross.

I looked on the form table and we have climbed from 9th to 7th and from 4 points after 6th to 2 points after ...

Leeds will lose this Friday and Brentford have done well before the Leeds game

Yes, agreed. Only really 6th to play for. Would love to sneak it but I doubt we will. Not enough consistency to pick up the points needed. Sunderland being the example of why we probably won’t.

To be fair none of the teams battling for 6th are consistent. Bristol 1 win in 11, Sheffield just lost to hull and PNE lost at home this weekend and brentford lost to Leeds. The battle for 6th is probably going to be decided on the last day.

Totally agree with you DS, one place left in the top six and about six teams fighting for it. I settled on ninth a long time ago, but with the standard of this league being so poor anything is possible. Even if by some miracle we made sixth, I would have no confidence in the play offs anyway based on our record against the teams above us.