oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds 3-0 (Bamford, Bamford, Bamford)

Due to the long-term lack of a proper left sided attacking midfielder and the enigma that is Adama Traore getting his second red card of the season against Sunderland, The Boro side that goes up against Leeds will have even…..

AxgVhp7.png

Starring:

Patrick Bamford as ‘Eleven’

Tony Pulis as ‘the Hopper’

Neil Bausor as ‘Nancy Wheeler-Deeler’

and Adama Traore as 'D’Artagnan' (Credit only)

Details

Teams – Middlesbrough v Leeds

Location – The Riverside Stadium

Competition – The Championship

Date – Fri 02nd March 2018

Kick off – 19:45

Introduction

A strange government facility has been discovered in West Yorkshire. Unfortunately a large number of test subjects have escaped from this secret establishment and taken up residence in and around Leeds. The matter is further complicated by the fact that these freaks of nature cannot be distinguished from the locals...

The Last Games

Boro:

Sunderland 3 – 3 Boro

“The game that had everything”, except a happy ending... Eleven is finally looking like his old self since Tony Pulis agreed to let him exclusively eat eggos before games. After being lost in the wilderness for what felt like forever, his almost psychic ability to finish clinically has returned.

Leeds:

Leeds 1 – 0 Brentford

The mouthbreathers got one over on the London team with a Liam Cooper goal in the 31st minute. Leeds recorded their first win under this week’s manager Paul Heckingbottom. 

Availability/Injury News

Boro:

- Rudy Gestede was attacked by a Demagorgon reaching up from the upside down to snap his ankle at the end of the Sunderland game. He will be out for the rest of the season.

Leeds:

- Pablo Hernandez was forced to miss the Brentford game with a muscle injury.

- Leeds may be Roofe-less after Kemar Roofe also had to sit out of the Brentford game with a muscle injury.

Form (League only - most recent last)

Boro: DLWLWD

Leeds: DLLDDW

The View From The Other Side

- “uarhghgh Boro’s a s***hole meart”

- The actual view from the other side should be here soon: http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

The Un(ger)-Official Match Preview

“The upside down might seem like hell, but that’s only because you haven’t been to Leeds yet”, the Head scientist said, trying to reassure Will...

With marginally better form over the last 6 games, I expect Middlesbrough to claim a tight victory here. 1-0 Boro with Eleven scoring the goal.

Talking Points

- Can Eleven use his supernatural connection with the ball to save the day?

- Will Boro miss the D’Art?

THE END

EITCkn7.jpg

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah great post!

I wouldn't mind, if you made the rest of the matchday-posts this season!

We have to go something like

Usual 5 defenders and keeper.

Cm Howson and Besic

LW Downing

RW Harrison

And then Bamford and Britt up top!

UTB!

Absolutely top OP :D

Bamford has to start up top for me. I've slated him so far this season, but credit where credits due - the lad has shown that he's not lost his touch, contrary to my previous belief.

If we're hell bent on staying with the 4-2-3-1, then I'd personally have Baker in that No. 10 Role. I'd ideally like to see Howson partner Besic (who looks a great player), but reckon we'll see Leadbitter keep his place.

Personally, with Adama out, I'd rather see at 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 with Bamford supporting The Ass up top - think that'd suit both - Paddy able to make late runs, The Ass able to play links to get inside defenders. I highly doubt we'll see a system like that though... If only we kept Christie, I'd have loved to see a WB formation with Adama missing...

Pulis' Team:

Randolph

Shotton

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Besic

Leadbitter

Howson

Harrison

Downing

Bamford

---

My Team:

Randolph

Shotton

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Harrison

Howson

Besic

Downing

Bamford

Assombalonga

Great match thread.

I actually have some hope for this game, we showed we can score goals without traore (vs sunderland tbf) but I have hope with besic and maybe Harrison will do something special. Nice to see Paddy get some form going too.

Absolutely top OP :D

Bamford has to start up top for me. I've slated him so far this season, but credit where credits due - the lad has shown that he's not lost his touch, contrary to my previous belief.

If we're hell bent on staying with the 4-2-3-1, then I'd personally have Baker in that No. 10 Role. I'd ideally like to see Howson partner Besic (who looks a great player), but reckon we'll see Leadbitter keep his place.

Personally, with Adama out, I'd rather see at 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 with Bamford supporting The Ass up top - think that'd suit both - Paddy able to make late runs, The Ass able to play links to get inside defenders. I highly doubt we'll see a system like that though... If only we kept Christie, I'd have loved to see a WB formation with Adama missing...

Pulis' Team:

Randolph

Shotton

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Besic

Leadbitter

Howson

Harrison

Downing

Bamford

---

My Team:

Randolph

Shotton

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Harrison

Howson

Besic

Downing

Bamford

Assombalonga

Same as mine ;)

Here is my line up for leeds game -

gk randolph

lb friend

cb gibbo

cb ayala

rb shotton

cm leadbitter

cm Howson

lw downing

rw Harrison

Cam Besic

St Bamford

Bamford is in form now and looks to have got his confidence back so id start him upfront but for me but Besic behind him hes finding through balls and is comfortable coming at the opposition from what i have seen so he actually might be the missing no 10 for me.

With Traore out, this is Harrison's time to come in. A lot of pressure on young, unfit shoulders.

I expect:

Randolph

Shotton Ayala Gibson Friend

Leadbitter Besic

Harrison Downing Bamford

Britt

I'd still pick Howson over Leadbitter and I'd be severely tempted to drop Britt and stick Bamford up front. Who comes in? Not entirely sure. Baker is the only one who comes to mind and for someone apparently so creatively gifted, you have to question how much he cares about getting into this team given he's struggled so much to get anywhere near it. I'd expect him to be chomping at the bit but then I also think he'd have gone in January if that was the case, perhaps he's just making up the numbers right now and that's kind of the problem I have with Britt too.

I think the occasion will be too much for an out of form Assombalonga. Bamford's movement and touch means he can play that role - he's really earned the right to play there.

I'd ask Besic, Leadbitter and Howson to play like animals, the back four to stay solid and hope for a piece of magic from Bamford to steal a 0-1 tight away win.

-------------------- Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Ayala -- Gibson --- Friend --

------------ Besic ---------- Leadbitter ---------

-- Downing ----- Howson ------ Harrison --

--------------------- Bamford ---------------------

Assombolonga can’t play with his back to goal, he’s more effective when running at defenders, play him behind BamBam as he is good st putting through throughballs and bringing other players in the game, Leeds like to counter attack so we should try and keep the pressure on them upfield

I think the occasion will be too much for an out of form Assombalonga. Bamford's movement and touch means he can play that role - he's really earned the right to play there.

I'd ask Besic, Leadbitter and Howson to play like animals, the back four to stay solid and hope for a piece of magic from  Bamford to steal a 0-1 tight away win.

-------------------- Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Ayala -- Gibson --- Friend --

------------ Besic ---------- Leadbitter ---------

-- Downing ----- Howson ------ Harrison --

--------------------- Bamford ---------------------

I think we're at home?

Could anyone see Pulis go with this?

GK Randolph

RWB Cranie

CBs Shotton, Ayala and Gibson

LWB Friend

CMs Leadbitter and Besic