oneBoro Forum

The Run In

Just been looking through the fixtures and the table. Our run in is mad. 6 games left and we play the team directly above us, and the 3 directly below. 6 pointers all round! You couldn’t script it.

Do people see our run in as tough? Or as a blessing that it is in our own hands to take points off direct rivals?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a blessing for me. If we can't beat those around us we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. If we do get the points we need it means we've worked out how to get points from the better teams in the league and we'll go into the playoffs with momentum.

The fact we're still in with a chance is surprising to me and I honestly don't think we'll make it, but playing those around us means we still have a shot

I think it's gonna be hugely tough and I don't see it ending well at all. Unless the Burton game is foreshadowing a flip in terms of who we pick our points off, I just can't see us staying in the top 6.

Will stay with comments made in the play off thread our lack of ability to beat those teams in and around us has been so poor that our current form does not suggest to me that we will turn it around, however the rest save Millwall are just as bad.

Win today and get a point from the Sheff Utd game will set us up but if we lose today after the visit of Aitor and his band of merry men then I think we can say adios to the top 6 spot

Definitely a blessing for me. If we can't beat those around us we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. If we do get the points we need it means we've worked out how to get points from the better teams in the league and we'll go into the playoffs with momentum.

The fact we're still in with a chance is surprising to me and I honestly don't think we'll make it, but playing those around us means we still have a shot

This is how I feel, I think if we get outplayed by Bristol city/ Sheff Utd etc it might actually bring about some serious changes in the summer.

If we beat those clubs and get into the playoffs we might all feel a bit better about going again next season with a few additions.

Makes it pretty simple for us really. If we do enough from here to get in the play offs then it means we have taken points off other good teams and can feel good about being there. If we can't do it against 6th-9th sort of sides then let's be honest we're not good enough to play a Villa, Fulham or Cardiff over two legs.

Hopefully Burton was a very bad day at the office and today gets some confidence back ahead of the 6 pointers.

Just been looking through the fixtures and the table. Our run in is mad. 6 games left and we play the team directly above us, and the 3 directly below. 6 pointers all round! You couldn’t script it.

Do people see our run in as tough? Or as a blessing that it is in our own hands to take points off direct rivals?

Our run in is really tough, bearing in mind what we haven't done against the top sides in the division, Ipswich away is Mccarthy's last game in charge so I would imagine the players will want to wish him a farewell with a win so no doubt they'll be up for it.

Optimisim after the Burton fiasco, who would belive it.

Yep, none to clever against Wolves, definitely 2nd best against Brentford and abysmal against the leagues whipping boys.

Don't think I'll bother going today now.

Yep, none to clever against Wolves, definitely 2nd best against Brentford and abysmal against the leagues whipping boys.

I go regardless,(always have done) gives me a right to my own opinion, but if you don't fancy going that's fair enough.

I go regardless,(always have done) gives me a right to my own opinion, but if you don't fancy going that's fair enough.

:P   :funny: