oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Derby County (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

Derby County versus Middlesbrough FC (Football Match)

From Rickypedia, the free encyclopedia 

Derby County versus Middlesbrough FC (or Derby vs. Boro) is an upcoming football match, starring Dani Ayala, Johnny Howson, Curtis Davies and Bottles. It is the sequel to the match Middlesbrough versus Derby County, which came out on the 25th November 2017. It finished 3-0 to Derby County with a Vydra hattrick.

Plot

Things are heating up towards the end of the 17/18 Championship season, and 7 clubs are fighting it out for the last two playoff spots, with the other two all but taken. These 7 teams include: Middlesbrough, Derby County, Millwall, Preston, Sheffield United, Brentford and Bristol City.

The current Championship form table makes for interesting reading going into this battle, with Derby slowly slipping downwards and Boro making their way up. Could Derby bottle their playoff chances once again for the 24th time in a row? Can Boro pick up a run of form right when needed and secure their spot in the playoff semi finals? Millwall?!

Cast

• Darren Randolph as Goalkeeper
  • Ryan Shotton as Long Throw              
  • Dani Ayala as Soon To Be Top Goalscorer
  • Ben Gibson as Centre Back
  • George Friend as Marauding Left Back
  • Jonny Howson as Centre Mid
  • Adam Clayton as Glorious Beard
  • Mo Besic as Lovesa Slide Tackle
  • Adama Traore as Fastest Man In The World
  • Stewart Downing as Typical Stewart Downing
  • Britt Assombalonga as Patrick Bamford

The Derby Squad all play themselves.

Soundtrack

Main article: Middlesbrough (soundtrack)

[*]He's Here by Patrick Rid***

[*]Start Slow by Ricky Rude

[*]In Too Deep by Sum 41

[*]He's Gone by Grateful Dead

[*]New Messiah by Fear Factory

[*]Long Ball by Nikonem

[*]Wrong Decision by Geoff Eltringham (Cover Version)

[*]We're Going Up by Tim McMorris

[*]Wait by M83

[*]No We're Not Actually by Dads

[*]Biting Nails by Renegade Soundwave

[*]Here We Go Again by Isley Brothers

A second fan-made Middlesbrough Soundtrack was released in the buildup to the previous game, created by HoyteForLeftBack and Snowblind.

• Better Do Better by HardFi
  • Tell Me It's Not Over by Starsailor
  • Some Old *** by MC Ren
  • Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
  • No Tony by Mr. Oizo
  • Attack by 30 Seconds To Mars

[*]

Trivia

• In the 143 productions between these two sides, Middlesbrough have won Best Win a number of 63 times, while Derby County have only won 49. A draw has happened 31 times between the two.
  • The average time Derby have conceded the first goal is the 38th minute. The average time Boro have scored the first goal is the 38th minute. 
  • Boro would be 11th in the table without the assists and goals of Adama Traore.
  • Derby have only won 3 games in their last 15, picking up 16 points from an available 45.

[*]

Derby County versus Middlesbrough will be released at 15:00 on 21st April at Pride Park.

Discussion Topics

What is your XI for the game?

Should Adam Clayton keep his spot ahead of Grant Leadbitter? 

Will Adama Traore be here next season? Does it depend on which league Boro are in?

What is your favourite goal Boro have scored against Derby County?

Could our current trend of conceding early goals cost us the playoffs?

Other Games of Note

Millwall versus Fulham (Friday 20th, 19:45)

Birmingham versus Sheffield United (Saturday 21st, 15:00)

Brentford versus QPR (Saturday 21st, 15:00)

Bristol City versus Hull City (Saturday 21st, 15:00)

Preston versus Norwich (Saturday 21st, 15:00)

If all these games go our way, and Boro pick up a victory, Boro could be 4 points ahead of 7th with 2 games left.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same again.

50 million percent, yes.

Will Adama Traore be here next season? Does it depend on which league Boro are in?

I think it will depend on the league we're in, yes. So no, I don't think he'll be here next season.

Without doubt. We need to stop conceding altogether for the last few games, tbh. Not convinced we'll out-score the opposition without clean sheets.

Same XI that started vs. Bristol City

Without doubt

Will Adama Traore be here next season?

No

Does it depend on which league Boro are in?

Yes

As Wilson said above Tuncay's goal at Pride Park. I loved that man.

Almost certainly, we score first we win. (Or at least don't lose).

Patrick Bamford also did a little solo set last weekend, including covers of:

'Take it To the Head' by DJ Khaled

'Out Cold' by Magnets

'Kissed by an Angel' by Coldjack

'Recovery' by Frank Turner

'Talking Sh*t' by Miles Davis

Same team, I hope the derby fans give paddy loads of stick if hes ok to play. The more stick they give him the more determined he becomes to get one over on them.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28909-derby-county-football-club-vs-middlesbrough/

Entertaining reading, two things strike me is that one they also take it in turns to author match day threads and secondly how very much it is like to reading our own forum!

Yes if we score first Derby fans ain't going to like it but there is more to it than that, DCFC are seriously wobbling and we now have to ensure that they continue to do so by at least winning two on the spin, the Millwall result the night before will possibly have a baring on how this game pans out, it shouldn't but players are human as well.

This is in the "must not lose" category and perhaps to both teams TMIGOTS........so far!

Feel a draw is the outcome but we owe Derby one from the previous abject display by Boro at The Riverside.

On a side note Ben Gibson came across very well on a Question of sport though surprised he forgot about Martin De Roon being the third highest goal scorer last season

Keep the same team, Clayton is more mobile than Leadbitter and offers more IMO.

First goal is obviously always important, but even more so against a team down on their confidence. This is a team that conceded 7 against Sunderland and Burton... If we open the scoring the Derby fans and players heads will drop and they'll be thinking 'here we go again'. Their forum is very negative about their chances with people even talking about not attending the game.

Feeling strangely confident about this, 2-0 Boro.

Need to win either this game or Millwall at home for me. 2 draws would make for a nervy last game with teams all the way down to 11th 4 points behind.

Derby are in a bit of a bad place but that could all turn if they get the first goal and the fans get behind them...

Same team unless Britt has to come in for Bamford, hopefully Leadbitter to channel his Leadership skills from the bench, reckon it will be 1-1, Gibson to score an 85th minute leveler to raucous boos from the home sections.

Will Traore be with us next season? I'm not too confident he'll spend another year in the Championship, I just hope he's seen the strides he's making under Pulis and is enjoying the crowds adulation enough to convince him to stay 1 more year for his development.

Need to win either this game or Millwall at home for me. 2 draws would make for a nervy last game with teams all the way down to 11th 4 points behind.

Derby are in a bit of a bad place but that could all turn if they get the first goal and the fans get behind them...

Same team unless Britt has to come in for Bamford, hopefully Leadbitter to channel his Leadership skills from the bench, reckon it will be 1-1, Gibson to score an 85th minute leveler to raucous boos from the home sections.

Will Traore be with us next season? I'm not too confident he'll spend another year in the Championship, I just hope he's seen the strides he's making under Pulis and is enjoying the crowds adulation enough to convince him to stay 1 more year for his development.

Traore wont be with us next year regardless of league status.

Traore wont be with us next year regardless of league status.

He's going to Burnley for £15m.

I agree Traore will be gone no matter what - but what a difference 10 months makes - some of the comments made about him in the summer are below (anonymised of course!):

"i dont think he will be a big loss at all, I agree flatters to deceive."

"Il be very surprised if he can be coached. The guy is useless, we made him look good in our team because we were mostly garbage. His pace is terrific but no goals and 1 or two assists . Not good enough, take the money and run. I may sound a tad harsh. Barca got rid of him for a reason. I don't buy that he is still young, he cant even run into open space and just stands there, that is basic football."

"8 mill for someone who can't do anything but dribble is class."

"Whatever Traore cost, he cost us that amount per assist/goal contribution. I'll be content to sell him and bring in someone far more productive."

"Chapman is only 19 and I don't see how you can make the assumption that Traore is a better prospect than Chapman"

", it could be our best chance of getting rid. Apparently we don't need the money, so let's settle on about £10m for the dribbling fool."

But there were some that saw the light:

"Putting myself on the record to say that selling traore will be a massive mistake"

"In my mind all of this can be coached, maybe not made perfect but made good enough to complement what he already has. What he does have makes it worth the gamble to hold on to him and work on his game"

I agree that Traore definitely won't be with us next season if we're in the Championship, but if we get promoted then I'm still be reasonably confident about our chances of keeping him. If we sell Traore then Oliver Burke will be a very good replacement, who'll obviously cost a lot less that what we'll raise by selling Traore. We need several new wingers/#10's in the next transfer window regardless of what happens with Traore: Downing is 33 year old, Harrison has had no impact and Johnson isn't good enough for a promotion chasing side.

I agree Traore will be gone no matter what - but what a difference 10 months makes - some of the comments made about him in the summer are below (anonymised of course!):

"i dont think he will be a big loss at all, I agree flatters to deceive."

"Il be very surprised if he can be coached. The guy is useless, we made him look good in our team because we were mostly garbage. His pace is terrific but no goals and 1 or two assists . Not good enough, take the money and run. I may sound a tad harsh. Barca got rid of him for a reason. I don't buy that he is still young, he cant even run into open space and just stands there, that is basic football."

"8 mill for someone who can't do anything but dribble is class."

"Whatever Traore cost, he cost us that amount per assist/goal contribution. I'll be content to sell him and bring in someone far more productive."

"Chapman is only 19 and I don't see how you can make the assumption that Traore is a better prospect than Chapman"

", it could be our best chance of getting rid. Apparently we don't need the money, so let's settle on about £10m for the dribbling fool."

But there were some that saw the light:

"Putting myself on the record to say that selling traore will be a massive mistake"

"In my mind all of this can be coached, maybe not made perfect but made good enough to complement what he already has. What he does have makes it worth the gamble to hold on to him and work on his game"

“Dribbling fool”, I think that was one of mine.

Fair play to the lad, he’s improved his all round game under Pulis, but then he’s a much better. coach than Monk, Agnew or AK. He still drifts in and out of games at times, but there is no doubt that he can dribble. Was there ever?

Since my comment, he’s improved his passing and shooting and he sometimes takes corners, all a great improvement. I think he’ll go for around 12 to 18 million in the summer.

Great business!

For Traore's sake, I don't think he should play in the Championship. He's being targeted with bad challenges and will end up with a nasty injury.

If we by some miracle do get promoted we should do everything to keep him. He would easily be worth £20-30M playing this well in the Premier League and I think he can make the step up comfortably. Even before his improvement he was already torturing the likes of ***nal. Only Liverpool/Man City have defenders pacey enough to even try and stop him.