oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City Tigers (a) 1-1 (Assombolonga)

You've heard the stories, you've watched from a distance, and you've dreamed the dreams....

But now, thanks to PulisCo, you can step into the shoes of Tony Pulis himself, with to Shuffling the Pack™!

uTRf2cH.png 

It's here, ladies and gentlemen. Now you can see if your Jonny Howson trumps your friend's George Saville, if you were right to pick Dael Fry over Aden Flint, and how your Rudy Gestede comes up against Jordan Hugill!

There are no end to the combinations and tactics you can use! Just take your starter base cards of Darren Randolph, Stewart Downing and, for some reason, George Friend, and the rest of the hand is entirely up to you! It's an innovative new game that rewards attack, but REALLY rewards defence!

Let's just see what people are saying:

"Great game, but how is Rudy so much more highly rated than me?" - Britt A, North Yorkshire

"Shuffling the Pack™ is terrible. Back in my day, we had 11 cards. If one got ripped in half and then chewed up by a dog and wee'd on, we'd just play with 10" - Bernie S, Middlesbrough 

"I have my own version of this game, but it's nowhere near as good, the hands I can pick are far poorer" - Basically every other Championship manager  

Please complete our customer survey below:

Does anyone stay in from the cup game?

Who gets the nod up front?

Is our squad too big to keep everyone happy? Or suitably big enough to deal with injuries?

How important is it to stay around the top 2 at this early stage of the season?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent OP Tom.

Does anyone stay in from the cup game?

One of McQueen and McNair should stay in.. But they won't.

Hugill and Braithwaite.

Is our squad too big to keep everyone happy? Or suitably big enough to deal with injuries?

I think the only ones who are going to be unhappy are the youngsters who were in at the start of the season. Squad is set up to deal with injuries and suspensions perfectly.

Momentum and consistency is key, we just need to keep going and as a result will stay around the top two.

2-0 Hugill and Braithwaite.

Does anyone stay in from the cup game?

Hopefully McQueen or McNair, can see wing making the bench.

Hugill and Braithwaite.

Is our squad too big to keep everyone happy? Or suitably big enough to deal with injuries?

I personally think it's one or two players too big. We'll have to have a massive injury crisis in a specific area before we have to start playing players out of position. Think it's a little past 17 players + kids.

I think as long as we're in the top 6 at Christmas we're in a good spot, hopefully 4th or higher.

Does anyone stay in from the cup game?

I wouldn’t have thought so.

Britt and Braithwaite.

Is our squad too big to keep everyone happy? Or suitably big enough to deal with injuries?

It’s bigger than I expected, but I think we were hoping to offload a couple more and it didn’t happen. Fletch, Braithwaite and Leadbitter were all expected to leave.

If Hugill is as bad as I think and drops away from the squad, he’ll still be happy as he’s Boro through and through and will put the club over personal ambition. ;)

Not as important as at the end of the season

That is one very good post, Tom!

I think we will see this team:

Randz, Shotton, Ayala, Flint, Mc'Queen

Saville, Clayton, Howson

Downing, Britt, Brait

Dimi, Batth, Friend, Paddy, Wing, Hugill, Besic

I just really want to see us stick with Wing backs. I don't mind about selections as much, just really want to see Pulis accept our squad is not built for 4-3-3 with the likes of Downing doing attacking roles. On the other hand its tailor made for wing backs with good strength in depth (apart from maybe the role Braithwaite plays).

I'd go with 

Randolph

Fry  Ayala Flint 

Mcnair                     Mcqueen

Howson Clayton Wing

Britt Martin

Reason I've gone for Wing over Saville/Besic is that our dead balls have looked poor since he went out the team. Offers something that none of our other midfielders do in a forward thinking killer pass.

I just really want to see us stick with Wing backs. I don't mind about selections as much, just really want to see Pulis accept our squad is not built for 4-3-3 with the likes of Downing doing attacking roles. On the other hand its tailor made for wing backs with good strength in depth (apart from maybe the role Braithwaite plays).

I'd go with 

Randolph

Fry  Ayala Flint 

Howson Clayton Wing

Britt Martin

Reason I've gone for Wing over Saville/Besic is that our dead balls have looked poor since he went out the team. Offers something that none of our other midfielders do in a forward thinking killer pass.

If Braithwaite were to get injured I'd consider using Wing behind the striker in that role, he does a lot of good work between the lines.

I don't think we'll see either of the wingbacks change for this one, but could see McNair or McQueen starting the midweek Championship game against Ipswich after this one. Really want to see these two start in those positions in the first team though as they seem to have a bit more going forwards.

Love the Bernie quote  :cheese:

Seen a fair bit of Reading this season and they really are the pits - and even they managed to thump Hull 3-0 last weekend. Will be so disappointing if we turn up there with ultra negative tactics and try to nick a 1-0... Boro should be looking to set the pace, dominate this game, and win comfortably!

Wing should return for his set pieces, Flint and Ayala must be desperate for someone to stick a decent corner in. If Downing has to play (its the law or something) then play him at LWB where he can take his time and cross...  not as part of a forward 3 where he doesn't have the pace or finishing to affect a game. 

And if Shotton has to play then put him at CB and not as a wing back where he wastes possession and crossing opportunities an infuriating amount. So tired of seeing ineffective players out of position and spoiling rare forward momentum for a (supposed) small gain in defensive shape - our forwards must despair when they see another cross scuffed over their heads into the advertising boards.

Think we'll win either way but would love it to be convincing and give us something to get excited about. Its possible to be highly organised and still turn over a crap team by a few goals.

We all see it, the fans, pundits, players ... Wing needs to be in the team, the two Macs as wing backs .. Downing is not good in an attacking three and set pieces must be better ..

Another thing .. IF we played with wing backs... Which three central defenders would you pick?

What about, Ayala, Batth and Flint ?

Batth looked great, according to journos and he has leading skills and can play the ball out ..

Liking this team to be honest.

Randz

Ayala, Batth, Flint

Mc'N, Mc'Q

Clayts

Wing, Howson,

Brait

Britt

Last away game in the league, we turned up, gave too much respect and added to that, individually and collectively, we did not produce anything worthy of a result. The performances since then have been minor improvements without really getting back to our best. Maybe I've given Swansea too little respect but I didn't think they were a great deal more of a challenge than Bolton were. Opinion seems to be split on whether we played well or not in that game, my opinion is that I still don't think we did enough to justifiably win the game though we never did much wrong at our end of the pitch. But it's small margins. One of those Swansea chances being taken and we end up with a loss that may not have been deserved but I think the atmosphere regarding the performance may have been much different.

Hull have won once at home this season, against Ipswich who haven't won a single game this season and are only sat as high 2nd bottom by virtue of goal difference. Beaten by Villa, Blackburn and Derby twice at home, we should really be looking for the full 3 points, hopefully quite emphatically. So as positive a team we can put out, I'd hope for. I suspect the team won't show many, if any changes though.

If I was to pick the team for this one, I'd go back for wing-backs. Hesitant about Friend in at centre-back and sad for Fry too but just as important to have a captain on the pitch. I can't justify even having Besic in the squad based on his performances since his return, Wing would simply have to come back into the squad for me and to be fair to Fletcher, he's done well and offers something different to another centre-mid.

Randolph

Ayala Flint Friend

Shotton Clayton McQueen

Howson Wing

Braithwaite

Britt

Subs: Dimi, Fry, McNair, Saville, Downing, Fletcher, Hugill

I'd go with 

Randolph

Fry  Ayala Flint 

Howson Clayton Wing

Britt Martin

i like that, similar to what i was thinking, although saville maybe instead of clayton. howson to drop back. my logic is you want all your team to be goal scorers not just the odd one. sav is a scorer and must start because of it. the mc can score howson has a decent shot on him ayala and flint can score the strikers obviously can. the more goals in the team the more likely we are to win. not rocket science.

Going to be very blunt about this game, most teams seem to be able to tonk Hull and in the wise words of Basil Fawltey we need to give Hull a "damned good thrashing"

Got to be a "must win" game otherwise our credentials are not as strong as I first thought.

2 away days on the spin one on the telly, beat this lot and confidence will be high for the Ipswich game

We all see it, the fans, pundits, players ... Wing needs to be in the team, the two Macs as wing backs .. Downing is not good in an attacking three and set pieces must be better ..

Another thing .. IF we played with wing backs... Which three central defenders would you pick?

Batth looked great, according to journos and he has leading skills and can play the ball out ..

Randz

Ayala, Batth, Flint

Mc'N, Mc'Q

Clayts

Wing, Howson,

Brait

Britt

If we are going to play three at the back I really want Fry to start an not a loanee. Fry has done nothing wrong this season (was maybe involved in the Norwich goal which I didn’t think), he is the only central defender who can actually carry the ball forward, he is our own player and probably our biggest selling object in the future. He needs the game time.

We all see it, the fans, pundits, players ... Wing needs to be in the team, the two Macs as wing backs ..  Downing is not good in an attacking three and set pieces must be better ..

Another thing ..  IF we played with wing backs... Which three central defenders would you pick?

Randz

Ayala, Batth, Flint

Mc'N, Mc'Q

Clayts

Wing, Howson,

Brait

Britt

If we are going to play three at the back I really want Fry to start an not a loanee. Fry has done nothing wrong this season (was maybe involved in the Norwich goal which I didn’t think), he is the only central defender who can actually carry the ball forward, he is our own player and probably our biggest selling object in the future. He needs the game time.

Yep I agree it'd be Fry in for me as well, think he was unlucky to be dropped in the first place.

I'd like to see us go back to the wingbacks as well, unfortunately I can see Pulis sticking with the 4 at the back now because it's what he prefers.

Btw, this game has been chosen for international TV, so there should be plenty of streams available. It's live in Denmark. That also means that the game isn't available via the clubs streaming service.