• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

If the mods could move the posts from the Villa thread that are relevant to this thread that would be a useful start I think. Then in future any posts like this on match threads can be moved across here leaving the match thread for the matches only as it's supposed to be whilst giving people a place to talk about other related things like managers and players.

Pointless thread. Tony Pulis is manager and thats isnt going to change anytime soon, no matter what anyone says.

It's not a pointless thread.  It's not a thread to discuss removing him or getting a new one, it's a thread to discuss the general topic of the manager and everything within that.  It will keep it away from the match thread, which I think is something people would prefer?

Pointless thread. Tony Pulis is manager and thats isnt going to change anytime soon, no matter what anyone says.

It's not a pointless thread.  It's not a thread to discuss removing him or getting a new one, it's a thread to discuss the general topic of the manager and everything within that.  It will keep it away from the match thread, which I think is something people would prefer?

Wouldn't say that's a certainty anyways. A couple of bad results and we are in the same position Monk was when sacked, and playing even worse football.

i think it would be better and cause less going off in tangents .  in fact why not go the whole hog and do the same for each individual player .

Agree with CT, it's good to have more diverse threads.

I've watched every single game this season, either live, on TV, or via a stream... but won't be watching anymore apart from games like QPR and Reading that I'm going to live. It's just not fun, simple as that. I still want us to win every game, and will be happy when we do, but there are things I'd rather do with my weekend. Happy to check the score on here and then watch highlights in the evening.

Beyond sick of Pulis and his negative tactics of giving up before the game has even started - never wanted him and won't be happy til he's gone. We've been played off the park by teams worth a fraction of ours and it is totally fair to expect more at this level.

Anyone who thinks this has a happy ending has not paid any attention to his career to date. We've arrived at the part where's he's sucked the joy and soul out of a club, but seemingly skipped the successful part that sometimes precedes it.

Does anyone think it may have been better to have let Aitor take "gardening leave" during his off the field problem period to concentrate on his family....OK, we would still have dropped back down but Burnley stuck with Dyche and it worked out for them (sort of)....or was club too divided already?

Does anyone think it may have been better to have let Aitor take "gardening leave" during his off the field problem period to concentrate on his family....OK, we would still have dropped back down but Burnley stuck with Dyche and it worked out for them (sort of)....or was club too divided already?

I'm almost certain we'd be considerably better off with Karanka.

However it was time for him to go at the stage.

I'm almost certain we'd be considerably better off with Karanka.

However it was time for him to go at the stage.

Well Karanka has pretty much been proven right when he kicked off about them not backing him in the transfer market. That season could have been saved.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though and letting him go seemed like the right thing to do - replacing him with a clueless amateur was the major problem.

We were a fast sinking ship towards the end of Karanka’s reign so it was the right decision at the time. Same with Mowbray, and look how well he’s doing now.

Good idea for a thread CT, as there’s much discussion about the manager whether you like it or not.

I think we should skip the manager system

we cant afford to build a new squad to new managers everytime they quit or get fired

Better the club sits down and decide how they wanna run the club. System and all. Then all our teams can play the same and we recruit head coaches or whatever you wanna call him/her that fit that system.

Think karanka was damaged goods here long before he went. The choice wasn’t just keep or get rid of karanka, it was get rid karanka or keep him and get rid of quite a few of the players. I don’t think getting rid of him was negative, it was that we replaced him with one of Steve’s old boys and that was a disaster!

As I’ve said before, let’s get a young manager in who wants to build something- like Bournemouth did with Eddie Howe

Think karanka was damaged goods here long before he went. The choice wasn’t just keep or get rid of karanka, it was get rid karanka or keep him and get rid of quite a few of the players. I don’t think getting rid of him was negative, it was that we replaced him with one of Steve’s old boys and that was a disaster!

As I’ve said before, let’s get a young manager in who wants to build something- like Bournemouth did with Eddie Howe

A Gary Monk type figure?