The Transfer Thread.

With the transfer window looming it's time to start discussing where we need to strengthen and whether we will be letting anyone leave..
By the beard of Zeus! 
Boro need 'power & pace' in January insists Tony Pulis

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foot...p_AppShare
By the beard of Zeus! 
I'd like to see us look for a centre back and a couple of defensive midfielders.
(02-12-2018, 06:02 PM)Duvel Wrote: I'd like to see us look for a centre back and a couple of defensive midfielders.

In all seriousness if Pulis is still in charge I'd rather we done nothing other than maybe a loan. 

I said at the back end of last season I was terrified about this guy spending the last of our parachute payments and given the fact his signings have all had little to no impact that hasn't changed. I'd prefer we wrote off this season, finish where we finish, and keep what cash we have for hopefully a progressive manager in the summer. 

Who are we realistically going to buy with Pulis in charge in January? Blow 10m on someone like Wallace from Millwall? No thanks.
(02-12-2018, 05:44 PM)BeardySmog Wrote: Boro need 'power & pace' in January insists Tony Pulis

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foot...p_AppShare

Paul Power, a 65 year old LM and Steven Pace, a 35 year old CB. Sounds like pulis signings
"The Swiss have rolllllllled!!!! William Tell!!!! Heidi!!!! It doesn't matter, your boys have taken a pasting!!!!"
I agree Dan, I don’t want Pulis to blow money on championship cloggers with little resale value.
A Proud member of the increasingly popular, Pro-Stuani OneBoro Clique
James Tavernier seems to be doing well at Rangers. I know it’s the Scottish league but from the little I’ve seen he seems to be very good going forward. 9 goals and 14 assists in 29 games from RB is not to be sniffed at and shouldn’t be too expensive. Maybe Marcus could have a word.
(02-12-2018, 07:09 PM)Borodane Wrote: James Tavernier seems to be doing well at Rangers. I know it’s the Scottish league but from the little I’ve seen he seems to be very good going forward. 9 goals and 14 assists in 29 games from RB is not to be sniffed at and shouldn’t be too expensive. Maybe Marcus could have a word.

Good shout!

Seen him a few matches and he looks as a great player.
The following user likes SmogDanes post: Changing Times 
Pace and power you say...

[Image: 148799.jpg]