oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burton H (Carabao Cup) 0-1

So it's time for our beloved Boro to go out and gain some confidence with a smashing win against Burton, who are currently placed 15 in League One and got through to this round of the Carabao Cup with a massive 3-2 win vs Karanka's Nottingham Forest.

Boro got through with a 1-0 win against Pl side Crystal Palace. 

Last time Boro met Burton on April 2nd 2018, it ended 1-1

This team could be fielded 

GK: Lonergan

CD: Fry, Batth, Ayala

RWB: Mc'Nair

LWB: Captain Friend

DM: Saville

CM: Tavernier, Wing

A: Fletcher, Hugill

Key talking points:

Which team would you field?

Will the youth players get their chance?

Will the hammer of Wing swing again?

Is Burton this season's "favorite" killer?

Is it important for us to go through, to gain confidence? 

I think it is ok to dream big and go for a win. We are not that far away from a final and that would be huge in these drab times.

Sorry for the late MTD and the boring standard thingys, but something came up, which demanded my attention. 

UTB!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing would surprise me in this game whatsoever even Leadbitter putting on a star performance.

This game will be a prelude to either team, like lambs being taken to the slaughter in the two leg semi finals.

I expect Boro to win though

I think we should expect to win this one. A home fixture against lower league opposition in the quarterfinals is as good as it gets. I think Braithwaite will play some part and hopefully he will grab it with both hands. I wouldn’t worry about who we might play should we make the semifinals as we supposedly had no chance against the ***nal invincibles in 2004 and yet we beat them twice.

Worth bearing in mind that we have actually played some of our best attacking football (low bar I know..) in the cup, so I'm cautiously optimistic of a good performance.

Just bloody go for it and try to stuff them... great opportunity to give the fans some entertainment for their money and bring back a bit of desperately needed feel-good factor. We're massive underdogs over two legs whoever we get next round anyway, so who really cares if we lose 5-4.

--------------------Dimi-------------------

---------------Fry-Batth-Flint-------------

---McNair-Howson-Wing-Friend----

----------Braith--Britt----Tav------------

Taking my better half to her first game tonight, promised her a proper parmo. 

Being stuck up in bar code land I don't get the chance much, any recommendations? Not fussed with sit in or takeaway.

Taking my better half to her first game tonight, promised her a proper parmo. 

Being stuck up in bar code land I don't get the chance much, any recommendations? Not fussed with sit in or takeaway.

Central Park  for sit in  ...can take it away also if you want.

PS....im stuck up there too

I think we should expect to win this one. A home fixture against lower league opposition in the quarterfinals is as good as it gets. I think Braithwaite will play some part and hopefully he will grab it with both hands. I wouldn’t worry about who we might play should we make the semifinals as we supposedly had no chance against the ***nal invincibles in 2004 and yet we beat them twice.

Aye it should be a relatively comfortable win in a cup quarter final but it's pointless thinking about the semi finals until we're actually there.  If we get there then we'll have a shot no matter who it's against.  It might not be a massive chance but it will be a chance all the same.

As frustrating as things are, who are we to be apathetic about a cup quarter final?  We've won one major trophy in our history and we've probably had fewer than 20 total quarter final appearances in every cup competition combined.  I'm not happy with things but this is a quarter final at home against a side we should be able to beat.  There's been plenty of seasons where we've done naff all in the cups and we're now stood on the verge of a semi final.  This is the kinda game we should be up for regardless.

That like is for actual good content, CT

Good view!

If/when we get a semi final and/or even a final, it's actually a good thing, that we have Pulis, I think.

The big PL clubs can't be played over by championship tiki taki like Fulham tries it atm.

It's for these games, you should line up the Pulis way... Not at home against Rotherham ;)

UTB

No no. Most of them are part of this game of I don't know why/what/where/who/whatever trickery of sarcastic sarcasm funny thing we have kept running since the invention of the wheel, or something :D

But some are for good content too ;)

Banter is banter, u know

What an unbelievable disinterest in this game tonight, other years we would be so looking forward to have an opportunity of a semi final.

The game must have some stream I would have thought but it is not on the red button though goals will be shown as they go in on Sky Sports.

No no. Most of them are part of this game of I don't know why/what/where/who/whatever trickery of sarcastic sarcasm funny thing we have kept running since the invention of the wheel, or something :D

But some are for good content too ;)

Banter is banter, u know

You have upset me now.  Have a snot bubble  :tear:

That like is for actual good content, CT

Good view!

If/when we get a semi final and/or even a final, it's actually a good thing, that we have Pulis, I think.

The big PL clubs can't be played over by championship tiki taki like Fulham tries it atm.

It's for these games, you should line up the Pulis way... Not at home against Rotherham ;)

UTB

Actually agree with this. Think that if we do get there and then get a big boy in the semis, I'd rather have pulis in charge of that game than most other managers. As much as I dislike him as our manager, very few will know how to set up a team to frustrate a much better side as well as him.

Still doesn't make me overly interested in tonight's game though, Will probably just follow through alerts and on here.