oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Wednesday 0-1

Middlesbrough v Sheffield Wednesday

Wednesday, December 26th

3.00 pm

Riverside Stadium

Sorry again for formatting, sat in Debenhams filling this out as I know people are getting antsy.

The Form:

A 1-0 win over Reading in the last game put Boro up to 4th and safely in the playoffs, 4 points clear of 7th place Forest. The defence remains the tightest in the league but we are still faltering in attack, being the 5th worst scorers in the league.

Wednesday sit 17th in the league and beat 10 man Preston in their last game, taking them to 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses in their last 6.

The Line Up:

Pulis made the switch to 5 at the back against Reading, and I would be very happy to see the same team line up against Wednesday to help nullify the attacking threat they pose.

Randolph

Shotton, Ayala, Flint, Fry, Friend

Howson, Besic, Saville, Clayton,

Assombalonga

View from the other side:

Doesn't look like there's a dialogue up yet but one of their fans off the forum I am a member of (I always seem to get this fixture!) Has done a video preview so enjoy!

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/279414-video-middlesbrough-fc-vs-sheffield-wednesday-fc-preview-2018-2019/

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see us playing a 4-3-1-2 similar to how Tottenham are lining up.

---------Randolph

Shotton-Flint-Fry-Friend

-Besic--Clayton--Saville

-------Wing/McNair

----Britt------Hugill

At the moment we have no wingers and Pulis seems to have taken the idea of just sticking as many central midfielders in as possible...

Sadly i can only see a "must not lose" approach to this game and all future ones while Pulis is at the club, unless Santa performed a frontal lobotomy on him overnight.

A classic bore draw on the cards from my eyes or scrape a 1 nil with Flint finally putting a header on target

Have a great day everyone

Anyone know why we aren't on the red button tomorrow?

Think boxing day games are excluded from the red button.

Think it's any bank holiday games. Same for the Easter games even though they're usually on Friday and Monday.

Around 29,000 tickets sold so far be nice for the players to put on a good performance for the bumper crowd

Ita going to be a good crowd for sure but I’m not holding my breath for a good performance. We should still win though.