oneBoro Forum

Boro v Peterborough (FA Cup 3rd Round) 5-0 (Assombalonga (2) Friend, Wing, Fletcher)

BeardySmog Matchday Solutions

Presents

The FA Cup 3rd round.

Middlesbrough v Peterborough

Kick Off - 3pm

The Riverside Stadium

5th January 2019

Intro.

We haven't lost a game this calendar year, Pulis is a hero. OK that may be pushing it but an away point at a good Derby side should not be sniffed at and certainly should be built on. 'The battle of the Boro' is up next and could be an opportunity for some of the fringe players to stake a claim for a place, for some of our out of form regulars to build up some confidence and our youngsters to gain some experience.

Last Game

Derby 1-1 BORO

We all thought the worst after 90 seconds but we managed to battle back to earn a pretty good point away from home and even had one or two opportunities to win it (Batth I'm looking at you).

Peterborough 0-2 S***horpe.

Had to Google this one as the posh are not a team I follow regularly. Sitting in 7th place after this loss to lowly S***horpe their fans will be certainly looking for a response.

Oh.. He used to play for us...

Lee Tomlin. Whilst the portly attacker is currently training with the Posh he has not officially signed yet (contract dispute with current club Cardiff). Tomlin was part of one of the better moments of our recent FA Cup history, pocketing Vincent Kompany in a famous win over Manchester City.

Beard Watch

Some good efforts in the Posh's first team ranks, but the focus of Beard Watch this week is Marcus Maddison. Not the most stylish or well looked after beard, but he had paired his facial fuzz with a tattoo on the front of his neck (!) more convict than hipster.

The tip of the Beard

Middlesbrough 4/7

Draw 3/1

Peterborough 19/4

The bookies (SkyBet) have us as clear favourites due to our being in a higher league and playing at home, but as we know, anything can happen in the cup.

That being said my BeardyTip this week is a plain and simple 2-0 Boro win @ 13/2.

View from the other side..

https://www.londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=15895

Pre Match Questions

Starting XI?

Do we take this as an opportunity to play youngsters or try to build the confidence of 1st team?

How many central midfielders is too many?

Van La Parra to start?

Anyone else in before the weekend?

Prediction

Whilst I don't imagine the Posh to be pushovers I can see us dispatching them regardless of what team we put out. 2-0 Wing and Tav.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want the job done in a professional way with no scares and controversy involved as I would hate to hear Adrian Durham bleating on about our Boro we know you hate us with a passion!

Is the tie over and done with on the day or does it go to a replay if the match ends in a draw?

Hopefully it won’t require a replay Alan. I have booked to come over for the Leeds game if you are considering it would be good to meet up again

Word is, Flint's out for 6 weeks and Shotton for the season and that Bartt is going back to Wolves.

While you never want your players injured it might mean he stops fecking about with Fry at Rb and we start to see him at CB where I believe he has huge potential.

Similar with Mcnair too who showed some good stuff including the assist against ipswich.

Not fussed about Batth one jot. Would rather see Wood etc get game time.

No Flint, Ayala or Shotton for tomorrow. TP has said Van La Parra with start, but won't play the whole 90.

Team? Expect rotation?

GK - Dimi

RB - Spence

CB - Fry

CB - Wood

LB - Friend

CM - Wing

CM - Clayton

CM - McNair

RW - Tavernier

ST - Fletcher

LW - Van La Parra