oneBoro Forum

Boro v West Bromwich Albion (A) 3-2 (Saville, Assombalonga (2) )

I've looked back through my previous Matchday threads, and have definitely noticed that my enthusiasm around the club and the match is always reflected in the effort and the quality of the work in my opening post. So that being said:

Boro are playing away at West Brom on Saturday. How do you think they'll get on?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked back through my previous Matchday threads, and have definitely noticed that my enthusiasm around the club and the match is definitely reflected in the effort and the quality of the work in my opening post. So that being said:

Boro are playing away at West Brom on Saturday. How do you think they'll get on?

Commendable effort to be honest.   :) 

Think we might scrape a draw, 0-0 or 1-1.

Think a draw would be a decent result for this one, we're performing better away from home so hopefully we can keep it tight and nick a result.

Would like to see VLP start this one to give us a bit of pace on the break. UTB

Think a draw would be a decent result for this one, we're performing better away from home so hopefully we can keep it tight and nick a result.

Certainly a reason to have some optimism.  I think I'd have more faith in us winning away from home than at home right now.

Great rallying cry here in the Gazette  :oops:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-obi-mikel-i-want-15738900

'I want to make sure losing is not an option'.  Yeah that sounds about right for us at the moment but what we actually want is to win  :rolleyes:

To be fair the article is a much better read than that, it's just a daft choice of headline from the Gazette.

Certainly a reason to have some optimism.  I think I'd have more faith in us winning away from home than at home right now.

Great rallying cry here in the Gazette  :oops:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-obi-mikel-i-want-15738900

'I want to make sure losing is not an option'.  Yeah that sounds about right for us at the moment but what we actually want is to win  :rolleyes:

To be fair the article is a much better read than that, it's just a daft choice of headline from the Gazette.

Maybe Anthony Vickers has the same sense of gallows humour as you CT? :cowboy:

Well my lad and I and Trekkers are off to the game and usually when the 3 Musketeers go to an away game we seem to have a decent enough result.

Only a couple of weeks since we were in the area beating the blues so why not?

After all WBA decent run of form has to come to an end sometime

My money is on 0-0... will defend okay because its away but fail to lay a glove on them.

Then we can all argue for hours about whether it's a good point away or another tedious snore-fest.

Glad to see someone still has optimism - 3-0 defeat, no shots on target and Pulis saying "I feel we deserved to win" after the match.

Think we will get hammered 3-0 without getting anywhere near their goal. One sided affair. Fall behind after about 10 minutes and try to contain a narrow defeat. Pulis will be desperate to tell the press afterwards that we deserved something but the players didn't follow his pre match instructions.

WBA and their fans will be up for this, I have us down for defeats both here and at Newport.

Pulis will blame the recruitment team for not getting us a winger, despite him saying for two consecutive windows about "wanting to do our business late".

Having watched West Brom a few times this season, the teams that have gone away from the Hawthornes with points have been the ones that have gone there to attack, so that is us screwed then. They have a very decent forward line but a defence which can go missing in action, so they love teams to just come and defend. My prediction, no shots on target and a one nil defeat. I could go on a freebie, but do not really want to break my self imposed exile from Pulis's football, have to think on this one.

we are Boro..we win the ones we should lose and lose the ones we should win...if the midfield gets stuck in, we have a chance....could be an ideal game for Mikel to show if he is up to it...WBA can only play one way and it's up to us to work out a way to overcome that ....would not be surprised at any result

Well my lad and I and Trekkers are off to the game and usually when the 3 Musketeers go to an away game we seem to have a decent enough result.

Only a couple of weeks since we were in the area beating the blues so why not?

After all WBA decent run of form has to come to an end sometime

We were saying this earler, when at least one of my 2 comes with me, we have never had an away defeat (wembley is neutral). So a 350 mile trip for a 0-0, fingers crossed eh!!