oneBoro Forum

The run in

The Gazette has their annual widget with the remaining games for the top 10 teams to predict once again... 

This is my result 

52944371_2260195117553363_4531683744209174528_n.png?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeFACx-E0a6-JBmTd0SVRmin4sJFfMt2aY2FJAe51ykhgmLwlMnNGe3SKkR38pWbbJJLbejK1reAnHZkFcp7utAO0RwaKatzB2430LFb4BS7Hw&_nc_ht=scontent-ams3-1.xx&oh=20f5db64a63908989cbb7d25161fb24e&oe=5CE695ED

I have not even been that optimistic with our results .. And I feel a lot of draws will find it's way for all teams involved. 

If you wanna predict, here is the link: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/use-widget-predict-middlesbrough-finish-15894538

Post your results, if you dare ;)

Other input/topics about the run in for all teams are very welcome. 

I really like this time a year, the last few months with many games, where the best teams must shine in order to get succes!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it the other day and I think I had us to finish just outside the autos, although I had all teams in the top 5 one more points than you. I hope you get it right though :)

i got the following

1..Sheff Utd    88

2..Norwich      86

3..West Brom      83

4 .Middlesbrough  81

5..Leeds................79

6...Derby              77

thats two different ones ive done and we play Leeds in te play off semis on both.

i got the following

1..Sheff Utd    88

2..Norwich      86

3..West Brom      83

4 .Middlesbrough  81

5..Leeds................79

6...Derby              77

thats two different ones ive done and we play Leeds in te play off semis on both.

As long as we don't beat Leeds @ Wembley ... Then I have to get Pulis tattoed on my ass

Sorry can't open the file, what was your outcome SD?

It's just a picture/screenshot .. 

But I had Norwich 87, Us 86, then S.U. and WBA at 84 and Leeds 83 followed by Bristol City 77

Ive done it twice, once with a optimistic view and the other with a more realistic/ pessimistic. Optimistic me has us second to norwich, pessimist me has us 5th and facing sheff utd.

Incidentally i dreamt the other night we played norwich at Wembley and the score was reversed. I will temper that in my dream ravanelli and TLF scored our goals ;)

Man so I just did it and apparently don't see Norwich or Sheff Utd losing too many more, think I had Norwich make 94 points and Sheff Utd 90 lol.

Then us in 3rd with 84, facing Birmingham in 6th.

Done this 3 times so here's the top 6 teams.

Norwich 92

Sheff Utd 89

West Brom 87

Boro 83

Leeds 80

Forest 77

I think the games away at Villa, Forest and Swansea are rock hard games as well as the Norwich and Bristol City games at home, I just can't see us getting the automatic spot hard as I try.

The big concern of our automatic promotion chances is our poor home. The win against QPR has provided a glimmer of hope, not just due to the win but the quality of the performance. If we can do equally well in the home games then I think we will come very close to the top two. It's still a very big "if" as consistently poor home forms are generally very difficult to turn around to a consistent level as there's usually a fundamental underlying problem there - ours being our lack of creativity and pace in forward areas. If we win the next three, or even win two and draw one, of our next three league games whilst a few rivals lose a few games then I'll start to get my hopes up. It just leaves us with very little room for error, especially in the home games as that has been the area that has so far kept us away from the frontline of the automatic promotion battle.

I still have faith in us going away to the likes of Villa, Forest and Swansea playing in one of our standard styles and us still picking up some decent points. Loads of teams have got promoted from the Championship automatically from far weaker positions than we're currently in. It's even more promising that none of our promotion rivals seem to have the ability to break away from the pack. It's probably going to be a slog until the last kick of the season for both of the automatic spots. We certainly still have a chance of automatic promotion.

I don’t think it will make much difference what we think. It’s all down to results now.

Literally the most pointless post I've ever seen on here.