oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford 1-2 (Fletcher)

Middlesbrough v Brentford

Saturday, March 9th

3.00 pm

Riverside Stadium

(Will make this better with graphics when I get on computer)

The Form:

After 2 wins on the bounce, Boro stuttered to a 0-0 draw against a resolute Wigan, missing a boat load of chances in the process. Results have picked up a bit since the change back to having 2 strikers on the pitch, and hopefully they can get back on form against the Bees.

Brentford dominated QPR in their last game, winning 3-0 with ease but their form has been very hit-or-miss lately - indeed their last 6 results in all competitions read WLWLWL. Currently sat in 15th in the table, this is the sort of team we should be hoping to beat if we really hold any hope of promotion

The Line Up:

Pulis has stuck with a similar team in his last few outings, so I'm going him to with the same again...

Randolph

Shotton, Ayala, Fry,

Howson, Besic, Mikel, Saville, Wing

Assombalonga, Fletcher

View from the other side:

Looks like the Brentford fans are getting their predictions in for the match against "the most boring side in the world" here:

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131686

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pulis will be itching to get Hugill back in the side so I expect him to start. I think Pulis will continue with two up front so he will probably drop Fletcher. If Friend is fit again I'd start him on the left and move Saville into midfield instead og Besic.

Think we'll see a move back to the 4-5-1 with Hugill up front for this one. Joy.

Could be a tricky game, a must win for any slim chances of automatic, a draw probably not the end of the world if we're content with playoffs.

Why does everyone think Hugill is coming back in? Did Pulis say something to that effect? Seven points out of nine and three clean sheets - what is there to dislike, even for miserable old Tony.

Hugill was honestly so, so bad in the last game... literally miscontrolled the ball out of play at least twice. His net contribution to the game was in Wigan's favour. He must have had a minus number in that expected goals stat. Expected dives is a different story though, so if Brentford are a bit handsy in the box then I guess a penalty might fall our way.

It must have peed Pulis off too, and I think if anything it probably made him feel vindicated for dropping Hugill in the first place. Please for goodness sake just keep Britt and Fletcher up top, we've actually looked half-decent last few weeks... I've even caught myself enjoying some of it.

I think the worry is that pulis has dropped Britt for hugill before this season when he doesnt score. And he has a history of changing systems when he has the players he likes available and has an excuse (ie the 0 0 draw).

I hope that he doesnt, but he certainly has form.

I think the worry is that pulis has dropped Britt for hugill before this season when he doesnt score. And he has a history of changing systems when he has the players he likes available and has an excuse (ie the 0 0 draw).

Yep, this. Pulis has history of doing exactly this kind of thing.

A good summary of the obstanant baffoon currently in charge!

14 more games left with Pulis...

A good summary of the obstanant baffoon currently in charge!

14 more games left with Pulis...

Was about to correct you then Badger, but get your drift ;)

Have a feeling that this is going to be a tricky and frustrating game, normally we do ok against the bees but they are just the type of team to frustrate the hell out of us.

Too close to call but one goal could win the game