oneBoro Forum

Captain

Just where is our Captain, you know the one that urges his team mates on and busts a gut when things are needed?

George, bless him what a great guy, but a true Captain?...……….never in a month of Sundays.

So who a***st our lot has some semblance of perhaps what is required and can feel the fans frustration and decides to do something about it?

Any views from the forum?

My suggestion would be Mikel for the remaining part of the season because imo George is not good enough despite being such a handsome fella.

Plus he really is not the player he was and we need someone who performs at a better level then him...………...hmmmmm not too many to choose from :relief:

Just where is our Captain, you know the one that urges his team mates on and busts a gut when things are needed?

George, bless him what a great guy, but a true Captain?...……….never in a month of Sundays.

So who a***st our lot has some semblance of perhaps what is required and can feel the fans frustration and decides to do something about it?

Any views from the forum?

My suggestion would be Mikel for the remaining part of the season because imo George is not good enough despite being such a handsome fella.

Plus he really is not the player he was and we need someone who performs at a better level then him...………...hmmmmm not too many to choose from :relief:

He went down with Master Bates, seamen stains and Rodger the cabin boy.

I don't really think we have a captain in our entire squad. Mikel would seem like a good choice due to his pedigree but he's only been at the club for a few months. Howson perhaps or Shotton. But neither fill me with any sort of confidence. I'd give it to Fry and let him know he is my first man in defence and caretaker of the local pride. Let him grow with it.

The only Captain that I see in the squad is Clayton but he's not going to get in the team ahead of Mikel so it would be a waste of time giving it to him.