oneBoro Forum

An open letter to Mr Steve Gibson

Dear Mr Gibson,

You may never read this open letter, but it is worth writing anyway.

OneBoro is a site for dedicated Boro supporters. We have supported our club through thick and thin, many of us from the Ayresome Park days. We have experienced the joy of promotion and the sadness of relegation, and like true supporters we have taken adversity in our stride and looked forward to happier days. Because football is about more than just winning; it’s about passion and entertainment.

However, since the appointment of Tony Pulis as manager, we have seen a rapid decline in the standard of football. The passion and flair have all but disappeared. Attacking spirit and individual brilliance have been bred out of the team. We have been left with dour, negative, uninteresting football and many people are responding to that by not following matches and wondering if buying a season ticket is a sensible investment. In all my years of following Boro, I have never seen such apathy, and you cannot lay the blame for that at the feet of the fans.

And this is in spite of the fact that we are currently 5th in the league.

The bottom line for many of us is that we watch football to be entertained. If there is visibly passion, commitment, fighting spirit, individual skill and a desire to win, we can forgive a lowly league position. None of those values are very visible at present.

I will leave it to you to draw your own conclusions as to how this should be rectified.

Honestly Mr Gibson, every one of us on here would do the job for free, and 90% of us could do a better job.

I couldn't, I'd be drunk for about 6 months celebrating his departure - actually no, I could text from the pub - agreed.

Email it to the club. I’ve heard he does read some correspondence from time to time or used to.

Print it off, sign it and send it to the club addressed to him. It will be read.

Email it to the club. I’ve heard he does read some correspondence from time to time or used to.

Print it off, sign it and send it to the club addressed to him. It will be read.

Print it, send it to the club along with every newspaper and media outlet. Point out, not just to him, but to the whole of the UK that we have the worst manager alive, and that we as fans really don't want him here

Hi Guys. Thank you all for your support for a post that was written out of bitterness and frustration. I don't know how to go further with this but I have sent the Gazette a link to the post. I'm not holding my breath that they will respond, but it's about the most I can do.

UTB

Hi Guys. Thank you all for your support for a post that was written out of bitterness and frustration. I don't know how to go further with this but I have sent the Gazette a link to the post. I'm not holding my breath that they will respond, but it's about the most I can do.

UTB

Unfortunately Oslo, I doubt they will as they seem to be the unofficial mouthpiece of the club, and everything about the club must be positive.

My post about emailing it to all media outlets was semi serious. I honestly can't see any other way of making both the club and every else aware of how truly hopeless and useless this guy is.

Other clubs in the division seem to think that we should be thankful that we have such a great manager. It's time they were made aware of our dislike for him, and his absolute ineptitude.

I'm not one for getting people sacked and withdrawing their right to earn but I would never ever want any other genuine football fan have pulis' lack of understanding of modern football kill the love of the game for them

UTB

I'm not one for getting people sacked and withdrawing their right to earn but I would never ever want any other genuine football fan have pulis' lack of understanding of modern football kill the love of the game for them

Pretty sure if we sack him, we are still legally obliged to pay him what is due. So dont feel bad for wanting it!