McLaren Sacked from QPR

Any takers lol Omg
(01-04-2019, 02:29 PM)ViewFromTheChickenrun Wrote: Any takers lol Omg

Not Gibson that's for bloody sure!  Cowboy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Changing Times's post:
  • ViewFromTheChickenrun
I would have him back in a heart beat no matter how stuck up he was.
Our most successful manager in my life time.
Waiting for the day when Boro start to play football again.
Hopefully I will still be alive n kicking by then.
https://youtu.be/23Zixn3zuTk
(01-04-2019, 06:10 PM)Motor Mouth Wrote: I would have him back in a heart beat no matter how stuck up he was.

The fact he hasn't done anything of worth in 13 years save a spell in Holland doesnt put you off?
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

UTB!
(01-04-2019, 06:18 PM)Neverbefore Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 06:10 PM)Motor Mouth Wrote: I would have him back in a heart beat no matter how stuck up he was.

The fact he hasn't done anything of worth in 13 years save a spell in Holland doesnt put you off?

He's been saving himself.  Cheese

I would have Our Jackie back any bugger in place of Pulis, and he's a bloody Geordie.   Oops
Waiting for the day when Boro start to play football again.
Hopefully I will still be alive n kicking by then.
https://youtu.be/23Zixn3zuTk
The lustre has well and truly come off McClaren's reputation in recent years after some significant failures at home and abroad. Even with us, his overall performance was questionable. He got us to Europe, true, but with a huge wage bill and playing some pretty dour football in many league games. The Basel and Steaua matches have totally eclipsed all those dull PL games where nothing much happened.

For what it's worth, I think even Pulis would have us scoring goals with players like Hasselbaink, Yakubu and Viduka in the squad, as opposed to Hugill and Gestede.
(01-04-2019, 08:51 PM)RiseAgainst Wrote: The lustre has well and truly come off McClaren's reputation in recent years after some significant failures at home and abroad. Even with us, his overall performance was questionable. He got us to Europe, true, but with a huge wage bill and playing some pretty dour football in many league games. The Basel and Steaua matches have totally eclipsed all those dull PL games where nothing much happened.

For what it's worth, I think even Pulis would have us scoring goals with players like Hasselbaink, Yakubu and Viduka in the squad, as opposed to Hugill and Gestede.
Bad comparison though isn't it? Our Carling cup winning / prem / European team against our championship team? - tell you what though, Assombalonga, Bamford and Braithwaite wouldnt be a bad three?
I Wonder if Pulis could get goals out of them?
After all, their other coaches have.
Member of the self preservation society.
(01-04-2019, 10:24 PM)Randy Sandwich Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 08:51 PM)RiseAgainst Wrote: The lustre has well and truly come off McClaren's reputation in recent years after some significant failures at home and abroad. Even with us, his overall performance was questionable. He got us to Europe, true, but with a huge wage bill and playing some pretty dour football in many league games. The Basel and Steaua matches have totally eclipsed all those dull PL games where nothing much happened.

Bad comparison though isn't it? Our Carling cup winning / prem / European team against our championship team? - tell you what though, Assombalonga, Bamford and Braithwaite wouldnt be a bad three?

It's not a fair comparison, but the original question was would anyone take McClaren back. And since that question is based in part on his achievements here back in the day, I wanted to make the point that he achieved good things with a superb team. If he came back, he'd be working with comparative dross like Hugill and Flint, and I see no evidence McClaren is skilled at making poor players into good ones.
(02-04-2019, 10:38 AM)RiseAgainst Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 10:24 PM)Randy Sandwich Wrote:

It's not a fair comparison, but the original question was would anyone take McClaren back. And since that question is based in part on his achievements here back in the day, I wanted to make the point that he achieved good things with a superb team. If he came back, he'd be working with comparative dross like Hugill and Flint, and I see no evidence McClaren is skilled at making poor players into good ones.

Good point well made. I concur !