oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Swansea (A) 1-3 (Saville)

Middlesbrough vs Swansea (A)

350x400https://imgur.com/dX8uaXd.jpg[/img]

Saturday 3pm brings us a do or die clash as Tony Pulis’ Middlesbrough battle Graham Potter’s Swansea. Boro failed to arrest their terrible slump in form last time out against the Robins, so you might be asking yourself what chance do we have against a much more impressive bird: the Swan? Luckily Boro get to play this fixture with Away field advantage and you can’t get much further away than the Liberty Stadium…

With Play-off places fast disappearing over the horizon, this feels like a must win with only 7 games left to make up the gap and a lot of teams competing. Could a defeat be TPs last game in charge?

The Reverse Fixture

Earlier on in the season - at the Riverside - the result was a drab 0-0 draw played out during Boro’s barren home spell in front of goal. We play Swansea in a barren spell again, having failed to score in our last 3 matches and without a victory in 6.

View from the Opposition

Nothing as of yet.

Questions

How many more shots can we have without scoring?

Will there be any changes to the starting XI?

Score predictions for this one?

Can we still make Top 6?

Would you “give it Woodsy till the end of the season”?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Swansea's recent form is on the up and probably looking for an outside chance of getting into top 6 but highly unlikely but playing Boro will keep their hopes alive.

Sadly another defeat for Tony's fractured club

Nice OP foogle, but honestly I don't care. I don't think a loss will get him sacked and I don't think I could handle the rhetoric about still being in It, We've turned a corner, #believe, #keepthefaith if we somehow managed to win.

For me it's 1 down, 6 to go. And then (hopefully) we can move on from TP and maybe by the start of next season brexit will be sorted to a degree and the SG can either follow pulis or start putting the club towards the top of his priority list again.

Until then, I repeat, I don't care

Nice OP foogle, but honestly I don't care. I don't think a loss will get him sacked and I don't think I could handle the rhetoric  about still being in It, We've turned a corner, #believe, #keepthefaith if we somehow managed to win.

For me it's 1 down, 6 to go. And then (hopefully) we can move on from TP and maybe by the start of next season brexit will be sorted to a degree and the SG can either follow pulis or start putting the club towards the top of his priority list again.

Exactly how I've started to see it.  Just want the games to come quickly so we can get the season over with.

2-0 Swansea

I'll go 2-0 Swansea, good result last night for them against Brentford, I never ever thought I'd say this about a Boro team but I seriously don't want us to make the play offs, I want this ***er gone, so I'll sacrifice this season for Pulis's head on a platter.

Nice OP foogle, but honestly I don't care. I don't think a loss will get him sacked and I don't think I could handle the rhetoric about still being in It, We've turned a corner, #believe, #keepthefaith if we somehow managed to win.

Well I think you said at the start of the season that you thought we'd finish midtable, I doubt being correct about that has bought you much joy though :(

Well I think you said at the start of the season that you thought we'd finish midtable, I doubt being correct about that has bought you much joy though :(

None at all. I truly wish he had been a roaring success, taken us up, consolidated with a "boring" 17th and then we move on with a decent premier league squad and money to spend.

Unfortunately he is what I thought and we are where we are.

Like I said, I'm just looking forward to a pulis free Boro, when I may start caring again. I do wonder how many will stay away though. And not come back for a good while. And how many of their kids will move on to do something else on a Saturday rather than follow the Boro

I think that's the danger Tudders. Once you stop going it's not always easy to go back.

I think season tickets will be way down and can you blame them.

Complete fresh start needed and that doesn't mean yet more Boro old boys.

I can't remember feeling this apathetic towards the club in my 45 years of following them.

Pulis has killed it for me and Gibson has to take blame also, he appointed him knowing the style of football he plays.

Dark times indeed.

Swansea 2-0,could be more.