Boro v Stoke 1-0 (Assombalonga)

Click the link below at your auditory convenience:

Boro v Stoke Match Day Thread

Edit: games at 3pm, not 5pm... oops
We're the website, We're the website, We're the website red army!

One lion on a shirt,
Carling cup still gleaming,
No more years of hurt,
'Cos Aitor's got us dreaming!
[-] The following 5 users Like boro-unger's post:
  • SmogDane, Islander, trekkers, ChipBarrington, Blanco
and a Bulkhaul to you also! Smile love it

I think the recent injuries could be a benefit in disguise. Either with Wood getting some game time at the back or shotton coming in to the centre and someone a little more attack minded on the right. Maybe McNair might get a game if he's still around Smile

I cant see us winning three on the bounce so I'm going for a draw with a stupid equalizer when we back off (if we ever get started that is) in the 2nd half.
[-] The following 2 users Like Armster's post:
  • boro-unger, Foogle
Smashed it, that last sentence froze my blood.

Got draw written all over it
[-] The following 1 user Likes PompeySmog's post:
  • boro-unger
(14-04-2019, 08:03 AM)PompeySmog Wrote: Smashed it, that last sentence froze my blood.

Got draw written all over it

The boss man hit the nail on the head. It's clearly going to be a win-draw.

Someone will have to let me know though, special good Friday show on involving miss Gibson that no one should miss!!!
"If you can wait and not be tired by waiting"
[-] The following 2 users Like Tudders80's post:
  • boro-unger, PompeySmog
With the nasty injury to Ayala who I really hope will be ok, a back 3 of Fry, Flint and Shotton looks likely and having Howson and Saville as wing backs which has looked good in the past so im quietly confident of a narrow win for the Boro
Stoke have had an even more disappointing season than us. Going for a 2-1 win in this.
Could McNair play as a wingback? Does his style fit that position at all?
(14-04-2019, 04:27 PM)CanadianBoro Wrote: Could McNair play as a wingback? Does his style fit that position at all?
He's said on a few occasions that he doesn't like playing right back or wing back and only sees himself as a center midfield player.
That said I wouldn't be against playing him in a midfield 3 with Besic and Mikel as we are short of options
I think pulis will go with something like this v Stoke given Ayala's injury.

Randolph
Shotton Flint Fry
Howson Mikel Besic Saville
Downing Britt Fletcher

We not won 3 in a row since August and its when I expect and not hope that Boro will do something that they let me down.

I HOPE for a 2 nil win. Britt FSG
(14-04-2019, 08:09 PM)TLF10 Wrote: I think pulis will go with something like this v Stoke given Ayala's injury.

Randolph
Shotton Flint Fry
Howson Mikel Besic Saville
Downing Britt Fletcher

We not won 3 in a row since August and its when I expect and not hope that Boro will do something that they let me down.

I HOPE for a 2 nil win. Britt FSG

First Score Goaler?  Tounge
The following user likes SmogDanes post: Changing Times 
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmogDane's post:
  • Foogle