Summer Transfer/Rumours Thread 2019 - Assombalongoing? (again)

We may buy some players, we might not.

We're definitely going to be selling some players.

Transfer RUMOURS, no matter how baseless, are welcome. Let's not shoot people down like we usually do, eh?

Current rumours:

Assombalonga keeps getting linked with a Premier League move, not sure he's earned it personally but the club could do with the money I guess.

We're currently linked with a few young foreign players and a few lower league players. Speculation is that the club are looking to buy players with resale value and hope to unearth some gems. What this means for the new manager coming in is that he might not be given many funds to buy players.
Randolph, Britt, Braithwaite, Howson, Mcnair for me.

Lb, rb, two wingers, keeper, strikers, attacking midfielder.
Definitely going to need another keeper, Dimi should be retiring at the end of this season.
Honestly, it all depends who the man in charge (and dare I say owner) is.

If we keep the footballing God that is Pulis then we can forget about any flair, pace or quality.
Any players in the youth that are willing to play lump ball may be given a chance while those that are technically good who should see more time on the pitch will be sent on their way.

This for me is key. The first signing has to be a manager. And hopefully one that like to actually set up to play football.
"If you can wait and not be tired by waiting"
[-] The following 2 users Like Tudders80's post:
  • Motor Mouth, gordy1000
Randolph would be stupid not to leave and without him we would be in the bottom half. The rest, just sell the f@@king lot although I can’t think how would be daft enough to buy anyone of them. Unless it’s a fertilizer company.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanddancer's post:
  • Motor Mouth
(22-04-2019, 04:20 PM)D.Z. Wrote: We may buy some players, we might not.

Transfer RUMOURS, no matter how baseless, are welcome. Let's not shoot people down like we usually do, eh?

I think Randolph is going to be leaving, sadly.

No he isn't you are stupid stop making things up  Angry Angry Angry Devil
(22-04-2019, 05:31 PM)Changing Times Wrote:
(22-04-2019, 04:20 PM)D.Z. Wrote: We may buy some players, we might not.

I think Randolph is going to be leaving, sadly.

No he isn't you are stupid stop making things up  Angry Angry Angry Devil

Cheese Cheese Cheese Cheese
(22-04-2019, 04:34 PM)Tudders80 Wrote: Honestly, it all depends who the man in charge (and dare I say owner) is.

If we keep the footballing God that is Pulis then we can forget about any flair, pace or quality.
Any players in the youth that are willing to play lump ball may be given a chance while those that are technically good who should see more time on the pitch will be sent on their way.

This for me is key. The first signing has to be a manager. And hopefully one that like to actually set up to play football.

Have to agree with you 100%.
If we want to hold onto our good players then this has to happen.
Goodbye Pulis and Bauser and Gibson.
Waiting for the day when Boro start to play football again.
Hopefully I will still be alive n kicking by then.
https://youtu.be/23Zixn3zuTk
After todays loss I am already looking to the summer so this thread is a welcome distraction.

DZ, I totally agree. Hope we can all be pleasant to one another in what will be a testing summer for us as Boro supporters. Let try be respectful.

Rumours keep the board alive so any ITK please do post on here any info you get.

I also feel Randolph will be off but the one hope I have is whoever wants him will need to offer him first team football as that's reason he left West Ham. He did not want to lose his place as ROI no.1. Most of lower end PL teams have decent first choice keepers. Norwich and Sheff Utd could be interested.

What realistic value would people put on Randolph? £8m?
(22-04-2019, 06:25 PM)TLF10 Wrote: I also feel Randolph will be off but the one hope I have is whoever wants him will need to offer him first team football as that's reason he left West Ham. He did not want to lose his place as ROI no.1. Most of lower end PL teams have decent first choice keepers. Norwich and Sheff Utd could be interested.

What realistic value would people put on Randolph? £8m?

I think he walks into norwich or sheff utd sides. Plus several lower end prem so no way he will be here next season.