oneBoro Forum

First Boro game the other week against Reading

As the title says, it was my first ever Middlesborough game the other week against Reading. 

We traveled down from Glasgow and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. 

Got tickets for the main stand (me and my missus boy) it was a good atmosphere and the football on show was really good. 

Talking to a few of the locals they reckon Pulis won't be here much longer as the football can be mundane at the best of times but it wasn't apparent against Reading. I thought you always had the upper hand even after they scored. 

It's strange seeing alcohol been served at games as that's something we cannot be trusted with in Scotland for whatever reason, but i digress. 

Have to admit though and this is rich coming from a Scotsman, but your city is an absolute ***ehole  :omg:  its how I would expect Russia to look.

First game I've ever been to down South and i have to say I think I've got a soft spot for Middlesborough now. Found myself desperately hoping Derby slipped up but it wasn't to be!

We will be back next season that's a certainty. Thanks for having us and all the best for next season

As the title says, it was my first ever Middlesborough game the other week against Reading. 

Got tickets for the main stand (me and my missus boy) it was a good atmosphere and the football on show was really good. 

Talking to a few of the locals they reckon Pulis won't be here much longer as the football can be mundane at the best of times but it wasn't apparent against Reading. I thought you always had the upper hand even after they scored. 

It's strange seeing alcohol been served at games as that's something we cannot be trusted with in Scotland for whatever reason, but i digress. 

Have to admit though and this is rich coming from a Scotsman, but your city is an absolute ***ehole  :omg:  its how I would expect Russia to look.

First game I've ever been to down South and i have to say I think I've got a soft spot for Middlesborough now. Found myself desperately hoping Derby slipped up but it wasn't to be!

We will be back next season that's a certainty. Thanks for having us and all the best for next season

Absolutely over the moon that you found our football entertaining, our "city" a *** hole and that you think we are "down south".

I'm guessing you didn't try a parmo or you'd be telling us in would be better served with neeps and white pudding.

I'm pretty sure you're better off staying where you are and supporting Celtc or Rangers, I'm not sure we're a good fit for you.

Absolutely over the moon that you found our football entertaining, our "city" a *** hole and that you think we are "down south".

I'm guessing you didn't try a parmo or you'd be telling us in would be better served with neeps and white pudding.

I'm pretty sure you're better off staying where you are and supporting Celtc or Rangers, I'm not sure we're a good fit for you.

Traveling to England from Scotland is "down south" don't take offense at that. I apologise profusely as Middleborough is a town, no offense was ment in that regard. I'll be back next season regardless because I don't particularly care if you don't think its a good fit  :P

Theofficeus: Glad you and your family enjoyed the match and all the stuff that comes with it. Please feel free to visit again. We are a nice bunch in this town.

Middlesbrough is no different to other towns and city's - has its nice parts and its not so nice parts. If you only seen the town centre area then yeah I can see why you thought it was not so good. I dont take no offence to what you said and I was born and raised in that part of Middlesbrough.

Any reason why you visited Middlesbrough? You got links to the area?

Theofficeus: Glad you and your family enjoyed the match and all the stuff that comes with it. Please feel free to visit again. We are a nice bunch in this town.

Middlesbrough is no different to other towns and city's - has its nice parts and its not so nice parts. If you only seen the town centre area then yeah I can see why you thought it was not so good. I dont take no offence to what you said and I was born and raised in that part of Middlesbrough.

Any reason why you visited Middlesbrough? You got links to the area?

Thanks for the reply mate. No reason in particular as to why we chose your club but I'm glad we did. Everyone we met was extremely welcoming and left a great impression on us. I didn't mean to cause offense by describing your town but I've never seen anything like it. I genuinely have adopted Middlesbrough as my 2nd club and wish you nothing but the best!  I'll never forget my visit and am so glad we came over to watch you.

I did not take any offence to anything you said as I got the impression from your original post you did not mean any offence by it. Albeit I can't speak for the other Boro fans on here.

I am really glad you enjoyed your visit and hopefully next time you visit us you will bring us 3 points again.

Thank you for your well-wishes and taking the time to come on here to share your experience.

All the best to you.

Traveling to England from Scotland is "down south" don't take offense at that. I apologise profusely as Middleborough is a town, no offense was ment in that regard. I'll be back next season regardless because I don't particularly care if you don't think its a good fit  :P

I wasn't offended at all mate, my sarcasm comes over pretty badly at times - especially after a few pints. Glad you enjoyed the game, at least someone did.

Welcome to the forum, glad you enjoyed your first Boro game, probably because there was nothing in it for you other than the football.

Hope you have lots of anti-depressants on hand though if you're going to follow the Boro.

OP - I live in Uddingston, and only get to a couple of games per season. Better you support the Boro than some of the teams round here, even though you picked an especially unfortunate time to attend your first game. On the bright side, you're unlikely to witness a worse performance on any future visit.

RS - in Scotland, the term "down south" means anywhere in England. It's not meant as an insult, or an example of someone being geographically ignorant!

OP - I live in Uddingston, and only get to a couple of games per season. Better you support the Boro than some of the teams round here, even though you picked an especially unfortunate time to attend your first game. On the bright side, you're unlikely to witness a worse performance on any future visit.

RS - in Scotland, the term "down south" means anywhere in England. It's not meant as an insult, or an example of someone being geographically ignorant!

Yes mate, I told him I was just been sarcastic, it just seemed to read better when I did it after a drink than it did the next day.

Lets be honest it is a ***hole. But it's our ***hole! Good post mate, and nice one for going to the game.

Mind someone from a place as upmarket as Glasgow is bound to find the Boro a ***hole