oneBoro Forum

Your season couldn't have been worse

than ours….

Excuse the intrusion it is close season.  

You surely couldn’t have had a worse season than us from an expectation perspective? I get that Pulis wasn't it, however we went from 8th with 72pts (17/18), to 21st 44pts. It was dire with flashes of proper football, legend Harris as manager had us playing the most negative hoof ball imaginable. 

I had a mild interest in you lot because of Savile-was he worth the dough- and Pulis I suppose as he has been around a bit. 

As a matter of interest who were the best team you played at home, and the best away? 

Regards LW

Saville worth the money, you turned us over with that one.

Had a poor season.

Pulis he's a dinasuar, football was truly awful to watch, we all lost interest and went to sleep.

Agree Villa were by a distance the best team at the Riverside.

I think Villa at home as others have said and probably Forest away although we were abysmal in both. I dont know if it was more them being brilliant or us being terrible probably a blend of the 2.

I do seem to remember stealing 2 points off you this season in the 2 games both of which we probably didn't deserve.

I'm reserving my judgement on Savile as there were games where he looked decent then others you forgot he was on the pitch. Although I dont think our tactics and negative play helped many of our players thrive this season.

than ours….

You surely couldn’t have had a worse season than us from an expectation perspective? I get that Pulis wasn't it, however we went from 8th with 72pts (17/18), to 21st 44pts. It was dire with flashes of proper football, legend Harris as manager had us playing the most negative hoof ball imaginable. 

I had a mild interest in you lot because of Savile-was he worth the dough- and Pulis I suppose as he has been around a bit. 

As a matter of interest who were the best team you played at home, and the best away? 

Regards LW

I think we will have a better view of Savile after the coming season to be honest given how Pulis managed the team.

Interested to know how you reckon Savile would play as a left wingback?

I ask as that's where Pulic played him a fair bit, he also played him as a holding midfielder earlier in the season.

than ours….

Regards LW

I think we will have a better view of Savile after the coming season to be honest given how Pulis managed the team.

I ask as that's where Pulic played him a fair bit, he also played him as a holding midfielder earlier in the season.

Never would have had Savile as a wing back, I see wing backs as progressive or athletic full backs with an attacking intent, bit like Kyle Walker. Or a converted wide midfielder that understands defense when required.

I posted last season when the transfer went through that I saw him as a combative box to box centre mid that knows where the net is, a sort of poor mans Bryan Robson. Certainly could play a holding role as long as their are players around that can create, I see that particular holding role as a player who can pick a pass, the spring for a quick transition, not sure Savile can do that last bit.

Feel like I've just deconstructed him, didn't mean to. He was very decent for us and certainly missed him, we probably over achieved with our 8th finish, can't help but look for reasons. You also have to remember Boro in general   have better players than us so he may not stand out. Ultimately as with all players it will depend on the manager, tactics, set up and the position the player is played.

Can we have a season long loan, ha, our crowd would never wear it.

than ours….

Regards LW

I think we've seen Saville at wingback enough times to know the answer to that question.

I work with a guy who is a fanatical Millwall supporter and goes to lots of games even though we live in Norfolk and he reckons we paid about double the value for Saville. On what I have seen , albeit on TV , I would agree.

As for the rest of the season it was an unmitigated disaster.