oneBoro Forum

This is for everyone, but mainly the admin bods.

what's the deal with the labels 'junior member', 'member' etc? Is it a question of reaching a certain number of posts before you get 'promoted'.

Also, how does the reputation option effect users? IE, if someone gets too much negative rep do they get banned, or just a yellow card.

One last thing, it seems people vote to decrease other users rep, obviously if they've been insulted by that person etc, but how do you get a positive rep? Is it by complimenting everyone on their wordsmithery?

If that is the case I would like to say how I've found that everyone's wordsmithery has been of a particularly high standard and provided a very stimulating read for me since I joined. I think you are all very handsome and brave probably, and also presumably have very hot girlfriends.

It would now be fitting if you all want to give me some nice positive feedback..!

--------------------------------------------

holgate_hero is the real holgate_hero

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I will ibby, as soon as you apologise to 'the poster formerly known as ibby' for trying to get him banned then i will be more than happy to provide you with a positive reputation point.

I will ibby, as soon as you apologise to 'the poster formerly known as ibby' for trying to get him banned then i will be more than happy to provide you with a positive reputation point.

am sorry you let him no because i dont no him and dont no his name now cheers.

please take feedback off cheers

This is for everyone, but mainly the admin bods.

what's the deal with the labels 'junior member', 'member' etc? Is it a question of reaching a certain number of posts before you get 'promoted'.

Also, how does the reputation option effect users? IE, if someone gets too much negative rep do they get banned, or just a yellow card.

One last thing, it seems people vote to decrease other users rep, obviously if they've been insulted by that person etc, but how do you get a positive rep? Is it by complimenting everyone on their wordsmithery?

The junior member, member etc is based on post count. I'v forgot what options there are for it but I will look into it when I get back from work.

Reputation doesnt affect you, i.e. getting banned etc..

Cheers :)

score ibby profile up thanks.

Its this reason that reputation on most boards has been removed. You always get people who have to ask for it constantly!

It doesnt mean anything, but people feel the need to ask for it as if it is some sort of important mark!

Reputation is a way of letting people know that you are dissatisfied with their posts. It has no other bearing on the forum though and as such its not something to really get upset about. Its the same on some forums with post count, people want to have the highest count so they post rubbish. It only matters if you want it to.

thanks everyone, I'm overwhelmed, my rep is now plus 5, that must be a record or something, but even if not it's still going on my CV. Also posting this will take me one step closer to becoming proper 'member'.

Anyway, I'm giving everyone that gave me positive rep some positive rep back just to redress the balance.

take note ibby, being nice to people = positive rep.