oneBoro Forum

The NFL Draft

In the absence of anything footy related I watched most of the draft rounds mainly to see how my Raiders got on.

Fairly pleased with who we got but its the process that I'm most impressed with hereby the worst teams get the first pick and the salary cap has to be watched

Something similar for the PL/EFL would solve a lot of the financial problems

Oops - wrong forum!

Edited by Snake
Title added to
On 5/1/2020 at 7:44 PM, Snake said:

In the absence of anything footy related I watched most of the draft rounds mainly to see how my Raiders got on.

Fairly pleased with who we got but its the process that I'm most impressed with hereby the worst teams get the first pick and the salary cap has to be watched

Something similar for the PL/EFL would solve a lot of the financial problems

Oops - wrong forum!

Some folk don't take too kindly to talk of NFL on this forum. I'm not one of them though..

I'm a Bears fan and followed kind of half followed the draft (skipped the 1st round as we didn't have a pick after trading it to the raiders for Khalil Mack). Though I still think we managed to get a 1st round quality player in the 2nd in Jaylon Johnson. We have been pretty good at unearthing gems in the latter round so I'm pretty confident we should be OK.

What are your expectations of the Vegas Raiders this season? 

7 hours ago, Brunners said:

Buffalo Bills had a great draft. Stefon Diggs for our first was a great move & then AJ Epenesa in the 2nd is a great first round talent.

I think the Bills have a team now which has the potential to go deep into the playoffs, do you think Josh Allen is good enough to win you a superbowl though? 

I'm a Dolphins fan and I'd love to see a Dolphins/Bills rivalry again to win the AFC East like there used to be before the Patriots dominance. 

I was happy that the Dolphins picked up Tua Tagovailoa, I've watched a fair bit of him at Alabama and if he can stay fit he'll be a star in the NFL. He'll most likely sit for a season behind Fitzpatrick and the organisation have made a real effort to build a strong offensive line in FA and the draft.