The Greatest Squad - Boro Edition (#10)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Boro's Best #10?

• John Hendrie
    • Juninho
    • Paul Merson
    • Fabio Rochemback

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/08/2020 at 01:00 PM

#9 Winner - Mark Viduka

Polish_20200507_071417633.jpg.d53ad7cf8e0971f7d8bfebae1fefc861.jpgPolish_20200507_075733960.thumb.jpg.a8e4387512b00f5df13ba09121f900c3.jpg

Your #10 Candidates... Need we even bother!?

John Hendrie
A vital part of the jigsaw in our rebuild from liquidation to the inaugural Premiership season, and was Top Scorer in the  94/95 season to get us back there once more. A  winger or deep lying forward, Hendrie was a proper workhorse of a player, and scored many vital goals for us during his 6 years on Teesside.

Juninho
The Little Fella. Needs no introduction. absolutely one of our own, and one of the greatest players to play in the Premiership, let alone in a Boro shirt. His partnership and interlinking play with Fabrizio Ravanelli gave us some of the best football we've ever seen at The Riverside. Only right he was there when we lifted our first major trophy! Even used to play football with the kids on his street in Ingleby Berwick... What a man.

Paul Merson
A phenomenal player with as much alcohol coursing through his veins as talent, Merson was a key component in getting us back to the Premiership in 97/98. Signed for £4.5m and as a direct replacement for the talent and creativity of Juninho. The fact he got paid more here than Bergkamp did at Arsenal might have had something to do with it... But what he gave us on the pitch got us up, and became the foundations for the many Premiership years that came after. 

Fabio Rochemback
What he lacked in consistency he made up for in skill, technique, and a flair for an exciting goal. Rochemback came to The Riverside with a glowing reputation from his exploits with Sporting Lisbon - some against The Boro ourselves - and showed us flashes if his brilliance - albeit a little too infrequently. A key element of our run to Eindhoven. 

Voting closes a little later at 2pm tomorrow. UTB!

Edited by Snowblind

An amazing list of players there but despite their qualities there is only one winner. Juninho put us on the map globally and backed it up on the pitch. 

Merson was phenomenal in that promotion season it's a shame we didnt see him in the premier league.

Hendrie was a fantastic player and will go down in history as the last player to score at Ayresome Park. I only really saw the back end of his career at the Boro but still a great player.

Rochemback on his day could run a game his debut against Arsenal is got to be one of the best debuts I have seen in a Boro shirt.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

An amazing list of players there but despite their qualities there is only one winner. Juninho put us on the map globally and backed it up on the pitch. 

Merson was phenomenal in that promotion season it's a shame we didnt see him in the premier league.

Hendrie was a fantastic player and will go down in history as the last player to score at Ayresome Park. I only really saw the back end of his career at the Boro but still a great player.

Rochemback on his day could run a game his debut against Arsenal is got to be one of the best debuts I have seen in a Boro shirt.

Summed up perfectly pal.

16 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I guess Andre Bikey wasn't #10 then.

Sadly not mate.

Surprised to see Juninho doing so well. He nearly lost out to Nicky Bailey...

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I presume Juninho will reappear at 23 and 25, so I’ll go Merson. 

That’s one way to look at it. I just choose the best player of the four mentioned and not contemplate whether they get a chance later. It sort of removes then premises of the poll. Fair enough if you think Merson is the best no 10 though. 

46 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That’s one way to look at it. I just choose the best player of the four mentioned and not contemplate whether they get a chance later. It sort of removes then premises of the poll. Fair enough if you think Merson is the best no 10 though. 

The flip side to that is are you supposed to end up with 23 different players? Otherwise Juninho is just going to be on the list multiple times.

Really think Juninho should’ve been slotted straight into the squad it’s unfair to whoever was going against him 

• Like 1

Not going to lie... Considered just publishing this one as a Juninho win straight off. But you know. Lockdown. We could all do with another few minutes of distraction! 

6 hours ago, Snowblind said:

Not going to lie... Considered just publishing this one as a Juninho win straight off. But you know. Lockdown. We could all do with another few minutes of distraction! 

Move on to number 11, there's no way Juninho isn't winning this!

12 hours ago, Brunners said:

The flip side to that is are you supposed to end up with 23 different players? Otherwise Juninho is just going to be on the list multiple times.

I thought that once a player is in the squad he’s not going to feature in future polls. When Juninho wins this he’s not going to be in the other numbers he’s played. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I thought that once a player is in the squad he’s not going to feature in future polls. When Juninho wins this he’s not going to be in the other numbers he’s played. 

Aye, that's the system. Tactical Voting is allowed at voters discretion. Utilised it myself a few times in General Elections, so can't complain. 😉

Watching Martin Keown's 'Match of Their Day.' Overmars was phenomenal wasn't he? I miss 90s football...

• Like 1