The Greatest Squad - Boro Edition (#11)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Boro's Best #11?

• Fabrizio Ravanelli
    • Alen Bokšić
    • Patrick Bamford
    • Gastón Ramírez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/09/2020 at 11:00 AM

#10 Winner - Juninho

Polish_20200507_172503313.jpg.1c92ecbe306cda32178e7fb96f22d0c3.jpgPolish_20200507_233658112.thumb.jpg.106d7efe450d1fb3006731cb0a06af82.jpg

Your #11 Candidates:

Fabrizio Ravanelli
The White Feather. What a striker. Rav scored 17 goals in 35 games for Boro, including an opening day hat-trick where he thrice equalised against Liverpool. Bought for £7m from Juventus, his goals helped us to two cup finals - and his strike at Wembley so nearly won us the League Cup. Powerful. Skilled. Also very outspoken and not particularly a fan if the area. But, on talent alone, one of the best players to ever wear the Boro shirt.

Alen Bokšić
Another world class forward in the Boro ranks! We saw how talented he was. Just imagine what could've been without his injury record?  Bokšić was a strong, dynamic, and skilful centre forward who created opportunities for others as well as himself. Technique in bucket loads. What a talent, even in the twilight of his career.

Patrick Bamford
Paddy - The spearhead of Karanka's 14/15 promotion chasing side. Versatile, good on the ball and with a knack for finding little pockets of space, Bamford was the most natural goal scorer we'd seen in a Boro shirt for quite some time. His 17 goals that season were vitally important. Just a shame we couldn't get passed Norwich and take him to the Premiership with us back then. Could things have been different?

Gastón Ramírez
Another loan signing masterstroke by Boro. Gaston signed in January 2016 on a deal which took him to the end of his contract with Southampton. The Saints paid £12m for Gastón, but he never settled. His recent loan spell at Hull was hampered by injuries. Desperate to reignite his career, he waved a portion of his wages to push through the loan to Boro, and subsequent Free Transfer after his 7 goals and 4 assists across 18 games saw us finally back in the top tier. Let's not talk about his departure though, eh...?

Voting closes at 12pm tomorrow. UTB!

Rav was a great goalscorer but the level of kkill of Boksic was insane at times. I do think Boksic was the better all round footballer.

Bamford and Gaston were top players too. Former was a joy during play off heartache season and latter was imo the difference between promotion and no promotion. Despite his attitude.

I am torn between Rav and Boksic.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Rav was a great goalscorer but the level of kkill of Boksic was insane at times. I do think Boksic was the better all round footballer.

Bamford and Gaston were top players too. Former was a joy during play off heartache season and latter was imo the difference between promotion and no promotion. Despite his attitude.

I am torn between Rav and Boksic.

One great goalscorer and the other a fantastic player when he decided to play. I'm not sure how true it is but I read something about Boksic picked when he was fit enough to play and had it in his contract. 

Bamford was great at Championship level and I would have liked him to still be here but missing due to not enough premier league appearances.

Ramirez was similar and then after meddling in some online shenanigans seemed to down tools so I think Bamford and Ramirez are discounted.

Like TLF it's a toss of the coin between the better goalscorer (Rav) or the better player(Boksic). But think I will go with Ravanelli based on he helped get us to and to this day the only Boro player to score at Wembley.

55 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Didn't Gaston play in the #21 shirt?  🤔

Good job on everything with this by the way Snowblind, hate to nitpick. 👍🏻

You're absolutely right... My notes seem to have got a bit jumbled! 

Thankfully there's no other candidates I think would've rivalled Rav or Boksic, so it won't have affected the votes. 

11 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

You're absolutely right... My notes seem to have got a bit jumbled! 

Thankfully there's no other candidates I think would've rivalled Rav or Boksic, so it won't have affected the votes. 

True man. That's why I thought it was a bit nitpicky. You could always throw Viktor Fischer in there for the last couple of minutes! 🙃

• Like 1

Never got online to vote. But Rav for me. One of the best strikers of his generation. Can’t believe he actually played for us. Imagine boro signing Juventus’ champions league match winner nowadays.