oneBoro Forum

With some of the other european leagues looking to start ahead of the championship, I was curious to see other people teams are that they follow, for me it’s as followed

Germany - SV Hamburger 

Spain - Athletic Bilbao 

Italy - Fiorentina 

AC Milan I have always liked probably due to the availability of watching them regularly on Channel 4. Always had great teams and a great kit, it's quite sad to see their struggles right now. 

Celtic I have always had a soft spot for from a young age mainly due to my favourite colour being green.

I used to like Norwich for similar reasons plus they were the first team I saw play the Boro at the Riverside. Although I wouldnt say I was passionate about them these days.

I will always support British teams internationally and continentally in competitions as well. 

My 2nd team in England is Arsenal. Lived in London during the prime Wenger years so seen them regularly and they were mesmerising.

It saddened me how it ended for Wenger because he imo revolutionalised football in this country in terms of style of play and making footballers in this country actually behave like athletes. 

3 hours ago, Alves car salesman said:

With some of the other european leagues looking to start ahead of the championship, I was curious to see other people teams are that they follow, for me it’s as followed

Germany - SV Hamburger 

Spain - Athletic Bilbao 

Italy - Fiorentina 

Italy - Sampdoria 

Holland - AZ Alkmaar

Canada - York9 FC

Australia - Western United 

Always had a soft spot for Liverpool. I've never been a fan of teams that 'win everything' - so growing up in the 90s I was always a fan of the challengers. And, you know... Teams I liked the kits of...

Germany - Dortmund.

Watching players like Chapuisat, Freund, Ricken, Sammer in the 90s. Also have a strange soft spot for Kaiserslautern... Can't remember why!

Italy - Inter.

Ince was my hero as a young centre mid, so when he was at Inter I followed them closely Zanetti, Zamorano, Djokaeff, Winter.

Portugal - Sporting Lisbon

I loved Rochemback before we'd even signed him. Used to watch a lot of Eurosport back in  the day, and always enjoyed watching that Sporting team. There was so many exciting, young talents - most of which sadly didn't fulfill their potential. Carlos Martins, Custódio, Hugo Viana, Danny. Thoroughly expected that side to go onto big things at that time. 

Sweden - Djurgårdens

There's a history of English managers and players there, and it was the story for Frank Soo that first made me aware of them. Even now there's one in our own Curtis Edwards. Remember watching Andreas Isaksson play for them and thinking I was the best scout in the world to find such a top, young keeper in the Allsvenskan... He'd already been at Juventus. 😂

International - Cameroon

I loved their players. Think it started with Italia 90 and Roger Milla, but as I got older there was Rigobert Song, Marc Viviene-Foé, Jacques Songo'o, Pierre Womé - so I was overjoyed when we signed Joseph-Desiré Job!

I have a few;

In the Premier League, it’s Arsenal, I used to live in London and my wife is a massive fan. 

Spain, it’s Atlético Madrid I never warmed to the big 2 teams   

Italy - Florentina I blame channel 4, pizza express and Battistuta

Brazil - Flamengo My Wife’s other team and seeing as I never had a Brazilian team I started following them

France - Marseilles, my parents used to live in that region of France  

In England it's pompey, lived there 8 years and a proper one club area, reminds me of boro.

Always look for stranraer results due to having a ferry cancelled 20 odd years ago and watching them get hammered 4-0, but had a hell of a night after. 

Jesus Christ... Stranraer is  grim. Pretty sure it's where dog's go to die. 

The Scots in that part of the country are wonderful though. Us Smoggies seem well accepted north of the border.

Real Betis are my 2nd team and I've liked them since I was a younger since I love the colour green. Was planning on visiting Seville before the end of this season, that's gone tits up now.

Went to a Schalke 04 game this year so they're my favourite german team along with St. Pauli.