The Greatest Squad - Boro Edition (#19)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Boro's Best #19?

• Jaime Moreno
    • Hámilton Ricard
    • Stewart Downing
    • Malcolm Christie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/17/2020 at 11:30 AM

#18 Winner - Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink

Polish_20200515_155037160.thumb.jpg.9fbee6167d1e9ac626b6872c5bbd9359.jpgPolish_20200515_155207858.jpg.dc3f90e547bdd5a83a3489e89f75407c.jpg

Your #19 Contenders:

Jaime Moreno
One of the earliest cases of Boro's foreign legion. Didn't play much - mainly came off the bench - but deserves a mention for his two spells. More so than the other #19 contenders at least...

Hámilton Ricard
Ham The Man! A hero to many Boro fans - our too Premier League goal scorer no less. A powerful Centre Forward who scored goals in some important games during his 4 years on Teesside. Will always hold a place in Boro fans hearts.

Stewart Downing
One of our own. Watching a local lad bombing down the left flank and delivering inch perfect crosses was a magical sight for the Boro faithful. A lad from Pally Park representing the club in the UEFA Cup final. Doesn't really need an introduction, does he?

Malcolm Christie
Another on the long list of Boro signings who arrived with such high promise, only for injuries to take their toll - though none to the extent of Christie. 8 operations in 5 years... Let's be honest, he won't challenge Ham or Stewy, but the lad always gave his all in a Boro shirt, and scored of a couple of good goals when he managed to get on the pitch.

Voting closes slightly later at 12:30pm.tomorrow due to my nap. UTB!

Edited by Snowblind

It has to be Downing. But I dont know why Ricard seems to get better everytime I watch video clips of him. Hes still our top scorer in the premier league when you consider who we have had that's a good accolade to have. 

Christie could have been a good player if it wasnt for his luck with injuries. Moreno was an exciting player but played very few games for us to be considered.

• Like 1

19 was tough... Carayol or McManus could've crept in, but with Moreno having played (albeit briefly) in the Premiership, I gave him the nod. 

Could've had Andy Halliday? Marcus Bent? 😅

Downing having 19 for so long skews it a bit. 

Has to be Stewy. The second best Downing ever. 

After this guy obviously 🙄 

image.gif.e8864cea9770832b0a4b00701738f3d5.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Stewy for me. Think we forget how good he was when he was younger because of his recent averageness at the club.

Totally agree. He was very good on his first spell. Been watching a lot of clips on youtube from McClaren & Southgate PL era and he was a real talent. His 2nd spell did not work out but that should not take anything away from his first spell

• Like 1

I mean, to be fair, he was still a good player and a good professional in his 2nd spell. And I don't think any of the others in that list would take his place had he just had his 2nd spell here either.

Still, fact is he was one of the best wingers in the Prem when we were still there.