The Greatest Squad - Boro Edition (#21)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Boro's Best #21?

• Craig Hignett
    • Stuart Parnaby
    • Jelle Vossen
    • Gastón Ramírez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2020 at 01:00 PM

#20 Winner - Aiyegbeni Yakubu

Polish_20200517_150331602.jpg.658d245380f7567a9bc45afb218b4d2e.jpgPolish_20200518_093554800.jpg.849b9d94c4d7fbdcc39ab5a97c693abb.jpg

Sorry for the lack of write ups; busier day and an impending Zoom meeting! 

Your #21 Candidates are:

Craig Hignett

Stuart Parnaby

Jelle Vossen

Gastón Ramírez

As good as Gaston was when he fancied it like the Yak he downed tools. Hignett for me gets this one he was a great player for us. It's unfortunate the subs rule was so much different in the 90s which cost him a place in the 98 league cup final for Gazza. 

He was also part of the midget gems with Barmby and Juninho which could have been an awesome attack in the relegation season if Barmby had stayed. 

Hignett all day. Great player for us.

Gaston was brillant for us during that loan spell but that 6 months does not mean he topples higgy. Plus he behaved like a proper C U Next Tuesday following that.

I was big fan of Vossen but he flattered to deceive at times when he was here.

Parnaby was steady without being good imho. On occasions he was actually poor but an honest pro.

• Like 1

I went for Gaston, I prepared for clicking on his name with a bucket in my hands, I did proceed to vomit. But I do think he's the best player on that list that I've seen. Parnaby was THE #21 of my Boro following days though and I'd like to give him an honourable mention. I think some forget just how much he seemed to improve during the European days, he had some really good games and he played all over for us. For what was primarily a right-back, he has thrown in plenty of valuable goals too.

Higgy out of those by a mile. Gaston was good for us, but had a terrible attitude and was a complete snake.

Hignett was one of the most commited players I've ever seen in a Boro shirt and he was a canny player too!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Higgy out of those by a mile. Gaston was good for us, but had a terrible attitude and was a complete snake.

Hignett was one of the most commited players I've ever seen in a Boro shirt and he was a canny player too!

Even ignoring attitudes, Higgy actually did a lot more in a Boro shirt than Ramirez did.  Miles more really, I wouldn't even say it was all that close.

• Like 1