The Greatest Squad - Boro Edition (#22)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Boro's Best #22?

• Kenneth Omeruo
    • Ben Gibson
    • Dael Fry
    • George Saville

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/20/2020 at 11:00 AM

#21 Winner - Craig Hignett

Polish_20200518_231301457.thumb.jpg.f64f68987f05dab7127d95a6b826c8c9.jpgPolish_20200519_141706638.jpg.3c9edac984dfe24ddec81df5223cb640.jpg

Your #22 Candidates:

Kenneth Omeruo
Spent the back end of the 13/14 and the whole14/15 season with us - another successful loan from Chelsea as we've seen several of down the years. Omeruo was a determined defender who was comfortable on the ball and able to build attacks from the back.

Ben Gibson
Another chance for young Gibbo. The local boy who learnt his trade watching the likes of Southgate, Woodgate, Ehiogu and Riggott represent his hometown club. He's proven irreplaceable since leaving for Burnley. A true leader, especially for one so young, who demands the same passion and work rate from any who played alongside him. Gibbo is fondly remembered for his efforts in that solitary Premiership campaign, and there’s hope we may see him at The Riverside once again...

Dael Fry
Still much more to come - but the Rockliffe staff buzz about him for a reason. A young centre back with a maturity which builds with every game he plays, Fry seems to have a very bright future ahead of him.

George Saville
Alright. He's not been the player we thought. But he's been better option that Malaury Martin, Josh Walker, Luke Williams or Alan Wright...

Voting closes at 12pm - only 3 votes remain after this one! UTB!

Edited by Snowblind
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I thought it was meant to be Premier League appearances only?  🤨

I mean, I created it - so I can categorically state you're wrong. 😂

It's voters discretion, but obviously those who played on the Premiership have a distinct advantage. 

7 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I mean, I created it - so I can categorically state you're wrong. 😂

It's voters discretion, but obviously those who played on the Premiership have a distinct advantage. 

Ah sorry mate, I haven't been paying that much attention.  Having looked through I can see a few others from our time outside the top flight as well 👍

The other options going back to '95 were Craig Liddle, Mark Summerbell, Brad Jones, Josh Walker, Luke Williams, Malaury Martin and Cyrus Christie. It's not a great number for us is it! Clearly Gibson from that lot.

7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

The other options going back to '95 were Craig Liddle, Mark Summerbell, Brad Jones, Josh Walker, Luke Williams, Malaury Martin and Cyrus Christie. It's not a great number for us is it! Clearly Gibson from that lot.

I'd have put Cyrus over Saville tbh

29 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I'd have put Cyrus over Saville tbh

I thought maybe that too but then Saville has started to improve and Christie was only here like 5 months. Not that it would change the end result of the vote, either.

40 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I thought maybe that too but then Saville has started to improve and Christie was only here like 5 months. Not that it would change the end result of the vote, either.

True

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I had a sneak peak at #23, ooof, some difficult choices to be made. Kike Sola, Julien De Sart or Connor Roberts?

Stop spoiling it 😘