oneBoro Forum

The Greatest Squad - Boro Edition (#24+)

The Greatest Squad - Boro Edition (#24+)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Boro's Best of the Rest?

• Victor Valdes
    • Bolo Zenden
    • Albert Adomah
    • Adama Traoré

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2020 at 12:00 PM

#23 Winner - Colin Cooper

Polish_20200521_051242622.jpg.76101c87c703bf04ab8dc3587846d398.jpgPolish_20200521_160159849.jpg.a941e99d8de5925e00a6b4679ea4d472.jpg

Your next candidates are players for numbers 24 onwards, who haven't had a chance up to now:

Victor Valdes (#26)
The most talented keeper to stand between the Boro sticks? One of the most decorated players of his generation who made some fabulous saves, but was sadly unable to save us from relegation. 

Bolo Zenden (#27)
Man of The Match in the Carling Cup final, in which he scored a penalty with two feet. A silky skilled midfielder with a brilliant touch, Zenden played a vital part in both of his seasons on Teesside, also winning Player of The Year in 2005. Another brilliant loan from Chelsea. Another brilliant Bosman transfer.

Albert Adomah (#27)
He mightn't have been given much of a chance in the Prem, but I’m sure in hindsight many involved with Boro wish he had. Look at any highlights real for games between 2013 and 2016 and Adomah will feature heavily. Whether on his natural right hand side or operating down the left and cutting inside, he was a tricky winger, with a deft finish, who opposition defenders hated playing against.

Adama Traoré (#37)
Rapid. The pace on this lad... And hench as hell to boot. Traoré was a slow burner, but is now showing the enormous potential most Boro fans knew was there. One of the most exciting players to pull on the Boro shirt. If we'd stayed up, and Traoré found this form... Where could we have been now?

Voting closes at 1pm tomorrow. UTB!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have voted on each of the positions without any comments but I want to thank @Snowblind for the entertainment provided.  Well done mate, an enjoyable experience getting the feedback on people’s

I voted Zenden over Adama for the simple fact he did it in the Premier League for us. As exciting as Adama was, it wasn't at the top level (in a Boro shirt, at least) - so Zenden is the clear winner f

Traore had half a good season in the Championship for Boro.  That's the reality even if it's one that people choose to ignore.  Whatever his potential is, it wasn't realised at Boro, which is what a v

Posted Images

I loved Albert and Zenden but bar Juninho, for me Traore was the most exciting player I have watched in a Boro shirt especially in his final 6 months for us, he was phenomenal its just a shame we didnt keep hold of him last season as I think he would have got us close to going up. 

Zenden was a very close 2nd but he left just when he we were building to that next level and had a slow start with us but scored the winner in the cup final. I'm almost disappointed not to pick him but as I said I picked Traore for the excitement he brought.

Well I was expecting to give #26 to Valdes without thinking of who else it could be, off the top of my head his only competition was Matthew Bates. But there's no way he's winning against any of the other 3.

I'm gonna have to say no for Adomah too. Which is a shame but despite one good half of football in the Premier League, he then left us after a rotten substitute display. So he never really showed his best at the top level for us.

So it's a tough one between Zenden and Traore.

Traore was next level for a few months and if we had a manager in charge in the Prem who could get out of him what Pulis did in the Championship, his extra contribution alone could have kept us up. And he is going from strength to strength at Wolves, showing again that he is a very committed professional who just needed the right manager to deliver on his potential.

Losing Zenden to Liverpool was almost as bad as Viduka to Newcastle, for me. Quite like Julio Arca after him, moving into central-midfield was the making of him and pushed him to the next level. And I'm pretty sure Benitez ended up using him as a winger after such a strong goal-scoring season for us. Rochemback was not an all-round great replacement and I think that showed more-so because of what Zenden was to us in 04/05. Zenden played a significant part in one of my favourite UEFA Cup games against Lazio too, with an absolutely stupendous volley and the epitome of how heading a ball back across goal completely does keepers.

Clearly, Traore is something special the likes this club hasn't seen since Juninho, strength, pace and skill... but I'm going with my hugely nostalgic head on this one and picking Zenden. But #32 Zenden over #27, despite his role in the cup win. 😄

It was close between Zenden and Traore for me, but ultimately as stated above, Traore is the most exciting player to play for the club since Juninho. That is enough to win it for me.

I voted Zenden over Adama for the simple fact he did it in the Premier League for us. As exciting as Adama was, it wasn't at the top level (in a Boro shirt, at least) - so Zenden is the clear winner for me.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It was close between Zenden and Traore for me, but ultimately as stated above, Traore is the most exciting player to play for the club since Juninho. That is enough to win it for me.

Nah he was a headless chicken with no end product, who needed instructions bellowed from the touchline when he played for us, don’t let your judgement be clouded by his form at Wolves. 

Zenden on the other hand was pure class, one of the best we’ve had. 

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Nah he was a headless chicken with no end product, who needed instructions bellowed from the touchline when he played for us, don’t let your judgement be clouded by his form at Wolves. 

Zenden on the other hand was pure class, one of the best we’ve had. 

I haven't let my judgement be clouded by his Wolves form. I stand by what I said.

• Like 1

I have voted on each of the positions without any comments but I want to thank @Snowblind for the entertainment provided. 

Well done mate, an enjoyable experience getting the feedback on people’s favourite players 

• Like 7

I'm going for Zenden because of what he achieved with us. Carling Cup glory and European football. He also scored some cracking goals, I've been watching the various season reviews that the club have been putting up on their YouTube page and 03/04 and 04/05 are absolute delights to watch, Zenden's double against Lazio is a particular highlight.

8 hours ago, Blanco said:

I have voted on each of the positions without any comments but I want to thank @Snowblind for the entertainment provided. 

Well done mate, an enjoyable experience getting the feedback on people’s favourite players 

Echo your thoughts and sentiments towards Snowblind.

Memories of better times which hopefully can be repeated at sometime in the future.

• Like 1