oneBoro Forum

Are we ready for a relegation battle?

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Is playing at home still going to be an advantage, in the absence of crowds?

Very good point. In some ways yes, but the biggest advantage of being at home, that's gonna be missing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what you are saying is we could stay up or we could go down. 

Sacking Karanka was the worst decision, only seconded by not backing him in the transfer market when in the Prem. Even if we had gone down, he should have remained and we would be back up. G

We've got a global pandemic, a looming recession, a clown as the leader of our country, a racist madman in charge of the most powerful country in the world but still the worst thing for me is having W

14 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

So what you are saying is we could stay up or we could go down. 

Well yeah, and when some are saying we are probably or definitely going down, that's an alternate opinion Billy. 😄

37 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Well yeah, and when some are saying we are probably or definitely going down, that's an alternate opinion Billy. 😄

True, but you could have saved yourself so much time and effort by  being far more succinct. 

38 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

True, but you could have saved yourself so much time and effort by  being far more succinct. 

I wasn't trying to be succinct. I was trying to give reason for my opinion.

Barnsley, Luton, Charlton, Hull. That's why I think we'll stay up. I'll predict it now.

However, the last time I predicted a positive outcome for boro was sheff wed at home in august 2014. We were 3-0 down after 60 mins...

6 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Clearly we will find out who the vocal players are.

Not if they've all got masks on 😄

Relegation would really be the cherry on top of the cake that is 2020!

I had a glance at the other teams fixtures and they are just as if not more difficult than ours. 

I dont attach much weight anymore.to who plays who as so many freak results but those saying we are doomed due to our remaining fixtures might gain comfort in looking at our rivals fixtures. 

However, for me its simple. We need 9 or 10pts so we simply need to take care of our own business. I am quietly confident we can now we got a full squad. Utb

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

We've got a global pandemic, a looming recession, a clown as the leader of our country, a racist madman in charge of the most powerful country in the world but still the worst thing for me is having Woodgate in charge of the Boro. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
On 6/3/2020 at 1:03 PM, Duvel said:

We've got a global pandemic, a looming recession, a clown as the leader of our country, a racist madman in charge of the most powerful country in the world but still the worst thing for me is having Woodgate in charge of the Boro. 

Aye, it does put it all into perspective when you say it like that 😰

My worry is our goalscoring, if teams get in front we'll then struggle & with the new rules of 5 subs per game teams will just kill games

We are as bad as the other 5, 6 teams at the wrong end with not much breathing space between us all, whoever starts late in the mini bottom league will go down 

Defensively we're fine, IMHO, 

Are we ready for a relegation battle? No. Are we more ready for a relegation battle than the teams around us (which is perhaps the more important question)? Time will tell.

I have my concerns, though. Charlton in particular came out of pre-season much more strongly than we did, and we are kind of restarting the season again after another preseason.  I'm not confident that Woodgate has the managerial experience to get us to be where we need to be in terms of preparation and match sharpness by the end of this mid-season preseason.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:50 PM, boro-unger said:

Yeah that Would just about tip me over the edge