oneBoro Forum

Are we ready for a relegation battle?

On 6/2/2020 at 4:09 PM, Blanco said:

Having the long term injured back should be a big help to us. Agree with BD that it’s impossible to tell until the games get going again but having a full squad to select from should be a big plus for us. I feel sorry for Charlton fans as it looks like they have all sorts of problems that won’t be beneficial to a relegation battle.

It's like the start of a new season, 9 game mini season

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what you are saying is we could stay up or we could go down. 

Sacking Karanka was the worst decision, only seconded by not backing him in the transfer market when in the Prem. Even if we had gone down, he should have remained and we would be back up. G

We've got a global pandemic, a looming recession, a clown as the leader of our country, a racist madman in charge of the most powerful country in the world but still the worst thing for me is having W

4 hours ago, Goldenoldie said:

The problem is that there is going to be massively unpredictable results now. Let's just try and get a couple of wins quickly and then we can look up rather than down.

Arguably, that probably suits us.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Snowblind said:

I'm just going to be honest... I see us going down. I don't see Woodgate having enough about him to get us through such a tight period of games. 

I think we'll stay up but that's not due to having any confidence in Woodgate, I just think there's worse teams than us down there. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I think we'll stay up but that's not due to having any confidence in Woodgate, I just think there's worse teams than us down there. 

Aye, can see that thinking. It depends whether it's quality or psychology wins out with such a huge amount of games in so little time. I can see Bowyer getting his lads proper motivated for it, whereas we've just looked passive.

Hope I'm wrong... Would be very happy to be!

13 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Aye, can see that thinking. It depends whether it's quality or psychology wins out with such a huge amount of games in so little time. I can see Bowyer getting his lads proper motivated for it, whereas we've just looked passive.

Hope I'm wrong... Would be very happy to be!

I’m with you on this one, Snowy. Woodgate has very little about him and I just can’t take him seriously as a manager, I doubt the players do either and I can easily see us going on another dismal run and going down. 

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m with you on this one, Snowy. Woodgate has very little about him and I just can’t take him seriously as a manager, I doubt the players do either and I can easily see us going on another dismal run and going down. 

I have seen too many comments suggesting that the players like him. I my experience this is not necessarily a good thing and the manager should not be like a friend to get the best out of them. I think Boro will stay up but it will be a struggle.

6 hours ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I have seen too many comments suggesting that the players like him. I my experience this is not necessarily a good thing and the manager should not be like a friend to get the best out of them. I think Boro will stay up but it will be a struggle.

I think in modern football the players have to like the manager or you end up with a Sarri/Emery/Conte situation where the players just give up until they're removed.

39 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I think in modern football the players have to like the manager or you end up with a Sarri/Emery/Conte situation where the players just give up until they're removed.

Not working very well with Woodgate though!!!

7 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Not working very well with Woodgate though!!!

Yeah he has struggled and there is better options out there.. but the incredible amount of injuries and selling our star player didn't help.