oneBoro Forum

Next 'Greatest' Poll - Discussion

Alright my fellow doyles!

I'm up for running another 'Greatest' poll after the 'Greatest Squad' one seemed to be enjoyed. Next question is - what do you want it on?

A few options that've been bandied about or I've though of:

Greatest Squad - Pre-1995 Edition

@BillyWoofs_shinpad I think it was put this one forward. There's a handful of squad numbers from the 70s/80s, so it could work, though could also be position based.

Worst Squad - Boro Edition

Think it was @Liquid who suggested this one. Again, could be squad number or position based.

Greatest Concept Kit - Boro Edition

Saw a site this morning which gave me this idea - also picked up from the kit vote the club ran on Twitter earlier in lockdown. Could run it like a Knock-Out Tournament with Home and Away on either side to come up with the Greatest Concept Kit pairing as voted by OneBoro fans.

If you have any further ideas, feel free to drop them here. We can have a vote on the final selection.

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd prefer to have a greatest squad thread. We haven't had a lot of positive things to discuss on this forum for a few years now and a worst squad thread isn't going to lighten the misery very much!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'd prefer to have a greatest squad thread. We haven't had a lot of positive things to discuss on this forum for a few years now and a worst squad thread isn't going to lighten the misery very much!

• Like 1

I dunno, I think we've had a lot of fun discussion about some of the worst players to play for us on here. Regardless of what's happened this season, I don't think many of this current squad fit into the bracket of 'worst in 25 years' so it's not likely to descend into just firing off the current batch of players. I guess perhaps the most popular contributions on here would be Bola, Browne and Gestede. But two of them are very young and I think there's still hope for improvement, particularly in Browne's case. And Gestede is not one of the worst players I've seen play for us, simply one of the worst signings when you consider the fee, wage and point at which he was signed. If he'd have come in on a free and was on a wage more respective of his ability, I don't think many here would have had half as much a problem with him.

The current team is the worst one I’ve seen since the mid 80’s, it’s not about individuals, it’s about the team as s whole. I think we’ve got a terrible manager and a team that plays awful football and very rarely wins. 

I mean, the idea of making a worst squad poll is not based on picking literally the worst performing squad out of any season. It's absolutely about individuals, just like the greatest one was. 😄