oneBoro Forum

Just a question.

...Apologies to everyone for taking over this thread with Northern Irish football talk!lol...

No apologies needed. You two exemplify what footie is all about. It's not the clubs, it's not the players it's the supporters, it's you guys. And it's also us guys and everyone else who pledges allegiance to Boro, for long as we both shall live.

No apologies needed. You two exemplify what footie is all about. It's not the clubs, it's not the players it's the supporters, it's you guys. And it's also us guys and everyone else who pledges allegiance to Boro, for long as we both shall live.

Great post

Sorry Bugrit but if your feeling a slight pain in your right eye it was me.......I was attempting to tap you on the head with my " Positive rep wand " but slipped in my drunken state and jabbed you in the eye.

Not on purpose or out, purely accidental :angel:

I live in Australia so I haven't had the chance to get to a game, life long dream is to get to the Boro one day though for a game :)

Bloody hell. Has anyone apart from me and Parksey on here actually been to a match? What an eye opener.

I don't really find this an eye opener! I think that is why we use Boro forums. I think forums are mainly used by people who are not able to speak to other Boro fans about Boro on a daily basis. People from Boro can talk to friens, family, work colleagues etc. about the Boro but most people on here are probably fans from the weird and wonderful places and so dont get a chance to speak to other fans about their main love. And the fact we don't go to as many games doesn't in my opinion make us any less of fans, its just the fact that to some of us going to games every saturday is not possible either because of money or because of travel. For example to get to Middlesbrough from where I live, I would have to get a bus for 2 hours to get to Belfast airport costing 20 quid for a return ticket, then get a flight to Newcastle costing another 50 quid return and then get a train from Newcastle to Middlesbrough plus pay for accomodation for the night and travel home the next day. I still try to get to as many games as possible and I reckon I will be able to get to quite a few more this season and I buy the shirt every season and wear it with pride back at home in Ireland as well as when at uni in Edinburgh during term time. Another problem is that I play football on a saturday both at home and at uni so am only able to go to games when I don't have a game for my team! But trust me, when I do make it to games...you'll find it very hard to find many people in the the ground that will show as much passion as I do during the game! I still hold a record of losing my voice at every single Boro game I've been to!

[quote

Way to go Bugs, you'll have me shedding tears soon.:D:D:D

Right gonna pop off now I never logged out last night better make sure I do that before I drive off into the East Sussex horizon.

Im living in Cork myself in Ireland and I've been following the Boro since 90-91. I get over to games now and again but not in the last 2 years. Last home game i was at was 2-0 win against Liverpool but the last away game was against West Ham about 2 years back. I'd love to make it over for some games this season but i'm skint at the mo!

Im living in Sheffield and have a season ticket. Try to get to most home games, unless I'm hungover (today). Try to get to as many away games as possible, quite handy this season as alot of teams are in/around where I am.

Ive been away for 2 days and Ibby has been misbehaving :)

Ive had a season ticket for years but I didnt renew this year due to the Southgate factor and not being a believer in blind faith.I live in Manchester which was great for away games in the Premiership but this season Ill go to the odd home game and I will do some away ones.

Born in Norton, Live in Hartlepool, had a season ticket from 94/94 till the 01/02 season, but due to starting Uni in Sept 02, just didn't have the mone to keep renewing it and at the moment still don't. do try to get to the odd game and did go 4-5 a year but last time I was at the Riverside was the FA cup reply with Sheffield Utd a few season back

I'm a Boro lad through and through but now live in London so only get to a few games when I go 'home' but I usually take in away games in London when I can. This year should see visits to Palace, Reading, Watford and QPR and maybe the odd other away game.

It doesn't surprise me at all that many people on the forums are not living in Boro. Forums just become a way of keeping in touch when you're not in the thick of it back home.

What is interesting (and a nice surprise) is that there are several fans who aren't just remote fans but also didn't grow up in Middlesbrough either and have somehow found an affinity to our club from a distance.

True Boro fans always welcome wherever you are!

Hi I have just joined this forum. I followed the old EG forum but never posted. It took me a little time to find this one but knew i was on the right track from the various members names. I have to say the "will the real Ibby please stand up" thread is hilarious and as far as i can tell the lad needs to get himself a sense of humour. Anyway getting back to the original question, I'm a season ticket holder (North Stand) and attend as many home games as I can. I did question whether or not to renew after last seasons horror show but I attend with my brother and sometimes it's the only time we'll catch up due to work/family commitments. I also try to attend the away games depending on whether I'm working near the town/city it's at. So far so good this season, which probably shows the level Southgate should have started at and then maybe he could of kept a little of the respect the fans had for him!! Anyway keep the faith Up the BORO!!

Don't get to as many as i would like. I don't live too far away in Hull, just don't really have the disposable income to go to the matches. Looking at going to a few away ones this year though. Already done S***horpe away, and looking to do the Sheffield matches too i think.

smilerboro Wrote: Bloody hell. Has anyone apart from me and Parksey on here actually been to a match? What an eye opener.

Hi smilerboro, I spent 10 seasons in the holgate end and then 5 at the riverside (with regular away trips) before I had to move south for work. Like JT said, that is a big reason these forums exist, if you removed everyone that lived away from boro then this place would be dead!