• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

We look forward to this for months and within seconds of the team coming out are livid. Can’t beat it. 

Always the same with Boro fans.

As much as I love the Boro, I have always thought the majority of our supporters are absouletely shocking . Booing at our own players and sighs when Clayton makes a backward pass to keep hold of possession.

Yes, we have an amazing away following but the moaning in the stands at boro games is unreal. I got to neutral grounds very often and this is never the case but at Boro it's constant.

• Like 4

I suppose one positive of that line up is that Swansea really won't have been expecting it and that could throw some of their tactics. (Does that count as clutching at straws?)

I was expecting a loss anyway.  Swansea are miles better than us this year and have a realistic chance of getting into the playoffs. They also came out of preseason well.  We were woefully unprepared coming out of the original preseason and I don't expect us to have done any better in this mini one.  Charlton know how to come out of preseason well, and that concerns me. 

Nmecha doesnt look like a pushover and we have seen people struggle with Getsedes physique for years. Lets hope the management team believe this can free uo space for Wing Coulson and Mcnair to move into. Like people have touched on, some attacking legs on the bench.

• Like 1

Little bit shocked by the (over) reaction on here. Obviously the team is largely based on fitness levels it only takes one player to be under performing (fitness wise) to scupper a whole formation/tactic. My opinion is that these first 4-5 games back will be a bit of a lottery. 
If we lose today the blame will be on the players as much as Woody likewise if we win it’ll be because of the players rather that Woodys tactical nous  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Little bit shocked by the (over) reaction on here. Obviously the team is largely based on fitness levels it only takes one player to be under performing (fitness wise) to scupper a whole formation/tactic. My opinion is that these first 4-5 games back will be a bit of a lottery. 
If we lose today the blame will be on the players as much as Woody likewise if we win it’ll be because of the players rather that Woodys tactical nous  

Was gonna say that if we lose, it's because some mad man put Shotton at CB. 😂😂😂

It's possible that Woodgate has maybe gone with solid and steady realising that a good tonking in the first game would be a massive psychological disaster for the remaining 8 games. If he needs to he has his top scorer and some flair players on the bench to maybe rescue the game and give Swansea a totally different proposition later in the game.

Having said that not sure I'm convinced of it myself but trying to look for the positives. If it works it will be a masterstroke, if it bombs then it will take some explaining.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

You're shocked about an overreaction on here?  Did you get coronavirus and it wiped your memory or something?

This team, like a lot of those that Woodgate selects, could be largely based on anything, including random names drawn out of a hat, a dream he had last night, or indeed fitness levels.  History has shown us that logic isn't necessarily one of them, however.