oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager. Woodgate is absolutely useless. Gibson is seemingly lost in the modern world of football club ownership.

I’m ashamed of the performances that we put in most weeks now. Them proud, promotion battling days under Karanka seem a million miles away now. We’ve lost any sort of purpose from the day we sacked him. We undoubtedly had shortcomings under a Karanka, however, we undoubtedly threw the baby out with the bath water. We had a cull and a power grab by the Englishmen kicking out anyone with a Spanish accent instead of a progression that was building upon the undoubted identifiable positives of the Karanka reign.

Instead, Gibson is turned into a Tory politician promising the world and delivering absolutely nothing. He pumped out loads of headline grabbing lines like “smash the league” but it just turned into nothing more than a load of hot air and stinky worthless gas.

Pass me the vodka. Sack Woodgate now please. The club is being run disgracefully from top to bottom.

• Like 8
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Why is Friend being offered a new contract? He’s been brilliant for us over the years but if we’re rebuilding, surely he won’t be in our plans? 

Especially considering he seems to be in decline now.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Well the buck ultimately stops with the chairman.

Woodgate's appointment is without doubt the worst decision he's made, that I can remember.

For a guy who's been involved with the club as long as he has, who has been responsible for bringing in some good managers...how the hell did he ever even consider hiring Woodgate?

I will never understand...

I think the Woodgate appointment was Gibson trying to show everyone that he has a brilliant eye for talent and he can see things that no one else can. I think he's obsessed with finding the next great young English manager and he's put his own ego before the good of the football club. 

Either that or Woodgate is the fall guy while Gibson balances the books after his own mistakes. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Into stoppage time and Boro have had 16 shots at goal...0 on target.

I didn't think it was possible for professional footballers to be this inept...

Scratch that...as I write this Friend has had a long range effort comfortably saved by the keeper. First thing he had to do all game?

Still, it took over 90 minutes to make the opposition keeper do any work. Pathetic!

It was actually going wide by the look of it 🙂

Well I don't get today. I kinda feel Woodgate has rested our decent players for next week that is massive for the future of the club! As we somehow have to go from this horror show to winning 2 out of the 3 games. As if we don't we are playing Sunderland 

Not trying to restart this tired old debate yet again, but my God, I'd love Karanka to come back and do a Venables. We thought we were in trouble at the fag end of Robbo's reign, but dear me, this is chronic.

• Like 1

You know I don't even blame Ayala for leaving as I'd leave if was being coached by this clown. Litteraly the club is heading for relagation and no one even cares! It's just apathy right across the club at the moment. 

• Like 1

We had enough 50/50 chances to make the keeper work, but that’s isn’t what you would start with there. Our formation set us up to struggle. If we are playing possession football, you create triangles and work forward. We instead tried to play possession football with only 1 option per time. Made us predictable and with our midfield ahead of the ball, completely  vulnerable to any quick attack once we hit a wall. Feels pretty basic really. Woodgate isn’t a stupid footballer, so god knows how he isn’t seeing this as a manager.... or maybe he does and can’t fix it? 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Because he is so bad that he costs a tenth of anyone else on the market. 

It really is that simple. 

True...but are the savings made by hiring a cheap manager outweighed by the financial losses incurred by relegation?

To me that is incredibly shortsighted management by Gibson. Again, for someone who has been involved in football as long as he has, it just doesn't make sense.

Yes, the club has to spend carefully and we can't go stupid, splashing the cash...but at the same time trying to make false savings, will see even more money go out of the club.

Awful. We've just got to hope there's 3 teams that are as/more awful than us for the rest of the season. Then that we get a new manager in for next season and start building a decent championship team again.

Gibson's best managerial choices have been taking talented number 2s from top teams. Whenever he's tried to go for a proven manager or player, it's gone terribly! 

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It was actually going wide by the look of it 🙂

Well the live text said it was saved in the centre of the goal...maybe the live text person needs their eyes checked? 😁

Maybe today was the reason why Ayala didn't want to be around. I can only imagine how bad the coaching sessions are and you can only bite your lip and put up with farcical dross for so long. No wonder he didn't want to play any longer for these clowns.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

True...but are the savings made by hiring a cheap manager outweighed by the financial losses incurred by relegation?

Absolutely not. But that's the gamble Gibson has chosen to make us all suffer through. Time will tell.

Over to Hull, Luton, and Barnsley.

• Like 1