• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

Lets be fair the majority of Boro fans knew Woodgate wouldn't be good enough and its coming home to roost, so really what's happening now shouldn't be a shock, Woodgate and his backroom staff unfortunately are clueless, the chairman has got it wrong yet again, but pretty much par for the course with him. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm guessing it was a mixture of what he felt was his best and fittest. If that is the case though, it's a shame most our better attacking players can't be very fit right now...

More concerned about the defence though, to be honest. Without Ayala around and for some reason no Moukoudi, we had no real defenders on the bench to even change that up. I hope come next week we have more options available there so we don't have to persist with Friend...

So you don't believe that any players were being rested with an eye to upcoming games.  This was just the best XI that Woodgate believed we could field today?

6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I am no fan of Pulis, but he took a broadly similar squad to the play-offs, and got castigated for not achieving more. I accept the players are older than they were then, but they shouldn't all have lost their legs and brains the way they seem to have.

I was a Pulis fan and knew it was going to go downhill after he left. Pulis is a decent manager and a good motivator, but his negative football let him down but we never ever be cut open like we are defensively under his tenure.

Woody is neither a good manager or a motivator.

• Like 4
Just now, Changing Times said:

So you don't believe that any players were being rested with an eye to upcoming games.  This was just the best XI that Woodgate believed we could field today?

I honestly believe he thought that team would win him the game. 5-10 minutes in there was a clear use of the flanks and balls into gestedes head. There was a plan. It just wasn’t a great one and it fell apart the second we were under attack. That would explain wing and McNair playing so high, with Coulson and nmecha not following in on the flanks. The expectation was a ball from deep and shots from 20 yards or clear heads at goal. 

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I don't know what was worse today, the bizarre team selection which seemed to leave out some of our best players, the disjointed defending, or the players looking unfit (according to Tees). 

We've had weeks of training to prepare for this first game, theres no excuse for being less sharp than the opposition and being unorganised. 

I don't think either team looked fit, really. But then that's to be expected. Swansea didn't beat us through a greater level of fitness, in my opinion. They didn't really need to display that, they grabbed 2 goals in the space of 3 minutes and played the rest of the game pretty casual, which we didn't really take advantage of either before or after their goals.

16 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing is if Gibson give abit of investment and hired Jokanovic we would be in the playoffs with this squad. Now we are facing serious threat of relagation

Jokanovic would have needed a new squad.  The squad we had would not have suited his approach at all and I have seen little evidence of him being able to adapt to squads which don't suit his way of playing.  That said, I still think someone like Adkins would have got a lot more out of our squad than Woody has and would probably have had us safe.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Like I said, I think it was a mix, I don't think it was just one way or the other. But arguably seemed to have his hands tied a bit with his defensive selection, certainly compared to the rest of the pitch.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think either team looked fit, really. But then that's to be expected. Swansea didn't beat us through a greater level of fitness, in my opinion. They didn't really need to display that, they grabbed 2 goals in the space of 3 minutes and played the rest of the game pretty casual, which we didn't really take advantage of either before or after their goals.

I'm just going off what I heard on the radio, Drury and Maddison talked about us looking 'leggy' and 'flat' on quite a few occasions. I didn't hear anything like that mentioned about Swansea, maybe they were only concerned about us but from the way it sounded I assumed we must have been off the pace. 

Woodgate said he would play attacking pressing football. He said it because that's what Klopp and Guardiola do and he has absolutely failed to implement it.

The team has no identity. Woodgate just said what he said because he thought it sounded good. The lad is from boro but he isn't a manager. 

We need a proper manager.

• Like 2

Ben Gibson won’t be sitting in his Boro training gear for much longer I wouldn’t think. No way will he come back here when we’re in L1, even think he will have his doubts should we by some miracle stay up. 

4 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Woodgate said he would play attacking pressing football. He said it because that's what Klopp and Guardiola do and he has absolutely failed to implement it.

The team has no identity. Woodgate just said what he said because he thought it sounded good. The lad is from boro but he isn't a manager. 

We need a proper manager.

Exactly anyone can say that but it needs a competent coach to implement it, and Woodgate just isn't competent.

Always new it could’ve been any result today due to the circumstances but even if we were to lose (which we did) I wouldn’t have minded to much as long as we were a) competitive and b) I saw some sort of plan being implemented. Sadly I saw neither and that is the most worrying thing about today 

• Like 1