oneBoro Forum

2 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Woodgate said he would play attacking pressing football. He said it because that's what Klopp and Guardiola do and he has absolutely failed to implement it.

The team has no identity. Woodgate just said what he said because he thought it sounded good. The lad is from boro but he isn't a manager. 

We need a proper manager.

Funnily enough the fact that he was from Boro was one of the biggest selling points about his appointment for some fans. 

I still find that strange. I don't care where our managers are from, I just want someone competent which he clearly isnt. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Like I said, I think it was a mix, I don't think it was just one way or the other. But arguably seemed to have his hands tied a bit with his defensive selection, certainly compared to the rest of the pitch.

Wouldn't you say we've been in worst positions regarding the defensive players available to us this season?  Because of injuries and that at various points.

Just now, Duvel said:

I'm just going off what I heard on the radio, Drury and Maddison talked about us looking 'leggy' and 'flat' on quite a few occasions. I didn't hear anything like that mentioned about Swansea, maybe they were only concerned about us but from the way it sounded I assumed we must have been off the pace. 

Kind of my point though, I don't think they really needed to bust a gut to play round us the way they did. I think Gallagher aside, most the Swansea team seemed to drift through the game easily because they struck us so hard with the 2 goals and for most the game, especially 2nd half, they just sat back and soaked up everything we tried to throw at them.

Gallagher was all over the pitch providing support for their midfield and attack so maybe him but man for man, I don't think they looked a great deal fitter. Just generally better and significantly less tactically inept than we were.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Maybe today was the reason why Ayala didn't want to be around. I can only imagine how bad the coaching sessions are and you can only bite your lip and put up with farcical dross for so long. No wonder he didn't want to play any longer for these clowns.

It is worth noting that Ayala was equally disloyal to Karanka during key times of Middlesbrough FC seasons. To quote a saying: “A leopard doesn’t change its spots”; they just become more apart during bad times (my quote). Ayala is unreliable and dodgy.

As a stark contrast, Grant Leadbitter sacrificed himself for the team and the club, leading to him having pain killing injections toward the end of the 2016 season, which led to his and ours biggest achievement with promotion by the narrowest of margins. So if there’s any awards for commitment, it’s for players like him who give absolutely everything for the club. Ayala can bugger off as far as I’m concerned. He deserves no prominent part in our history.

Edited by p_mards
Just now, Changing Times said:

Wouldn't you say we've been in worst positions regarding the defensive players available to us this season?  Because of injuries and that at various points.

That's true to be fair, we do (Ayala aside) seem to have as fit a back four as we've had from the start of the season, barring the arrival of Moukoudi and him being missing today.

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Always new it could’ve been any result today due to the circumstances but even if we were to lose (which we did) I wouldn’t have minded to much as long as we were a) competitive and b) I saw some sort of plan being implemented. Sadly I saw neither and that is the most worrying thing about today 

I agree. The legs wasn’t the problem, they just beat us man for man for pace on the counter. Once they were up we had to break them down and it wasn’t happening. Leggy wasn’t the problem

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm just going off what I heard on the radio, Drury and Maddison talked about us looking 'leggy' and 'flat' on quite a few occasions. I didn't hear anything like that mentioned about Swansea, maybe they were only concerned about us but from the way it sounded I assumed we must have been off the pace. 

Sounds like they were trying to make excuses for the performance.  We lost because they were better than us, they had more pace than us, and quite frankly, they had a game plan, as opposed to us being leggy.  We looked slow because we selected a slow team and it was made worse by comparison because they have some decent pace in their side.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

Sounds like they were trying to make excuses for the performance.  We lost because they were better than us, they had more pace than us, and quite frankly, they had a game plan, as opposed to us being leggy.  We looked slow because we selected a slow team and it was made worse by comparison because they have some decent pace in their side.

To be fair Maddison was saying that we were lacking pace and energy in the team as well and needed to change that from the bench at half time. Which obviously comes back to team selection like you say. 

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

That's true to be fair, we do (Ayala aside) seem to have as fit a back four as we've had from the start of the season, barring the arrival of Moukoudi and him being missing today.

I thought he might have played three at the back, as we've done on numerous occasions this season.  I really don't get how he still sees Friend as a left back or how he could be less rusty than others players, as he's barely played this season.

1 minute ago, p_mards said:

It is worth noting that Ayala was equally disloyal to Karanka during key times of Middlesbrough FC seasons. To quote a saying: “A leopard doesn’t change its spots”; they just become more apart during bad times (my quote). Ayala is an unreliable and dodgy.

As a stark contrast, Grant Leadbitter sacrificed himself for the team and the club, Leading to him having pain killing injections toward the end of the 2016 season; which led to his and ours biggest achievement with promotion by the narrowest of margins; so if there’s any awards for commitment, it’s for players like him who give absolutely everything for the club. Ayala can bugger off as far as I’m concerned. He deserves no prominent part in our history.

Six and half years service and contracts renewed in all that time including being offered a new one, something just doesn't sit right with me. I read the Gazette assassination piece and it was far to vitriolic and knee jerk to be remotely credible so I took from that very little other than a happy marriage ending in a messy divorce where there are usually two sides to the story.  The club is skint and can't afford to offer him what he believes he is worth yet Ben Gibson is hanging around like a bad smell, what would you think in his shoes? To compound things he then he has to work for a Coach who is clueless and destroying the club. I doubt I would want to stick around any club under those circumstances.

With regards to his "injury" his entire career has been littered with these which is precisely why we picked him up for £350K. It didn't start when he joined Boro and won't end now that he has left us, he is what he is and we knew that when we signed him.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Six and half years service and contracts renewed in all that time including being offered a new one, something just doesn't sit right with me. I read the Gazette assassination piece and it was far to vitriolic and knee jerk to be remotely credible so I took from that very little other than a happy marriage ending in a messy divorce where there are usually two sides to the story.  The club is skint and can't afford to offer him what he believes he is worth yet Ben Gibson is hanging around like a bad smell, what would you think in his shoes? To compound things he then he has to work for a Coach who is clueless and destroying the club. I doubt I would want to stick around any club under those circumstances.

With regards to his "injury" his entire career has been littered with these which is precisely why we picked him up for £350K. It didn't start when he joined Boro and won't end now that he has left us, he is what he is and we knew that when we signed him.

Excellent post.