oneBoro Forum

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I thought he might have played three at the back, as we've done on numerous occasions this season.  I really don't get how he still sees Friend as a left back or how he could be less rusty than others players, as he's barely played this season.

I've mentioned for a while that I thought Friend might play if at all fit because he's the captain and you sometimes turn to your leaders during a time of crisis. Clearly this season there are very few other reasons to have picked him.

Or maybe Woodgate genuinely watches his performances and thinks we still have a player on our hands. Scary, if true.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Six and half years service and contracts renewed in all that time including being offered a new one, something just doesn't sit right with me. I read the Gazette assassination piece and it was far to vitriolic and knee jerk to be remotely credible so I took from that very little other than a happy marriage ending in a messy divorce where there are usually two sides to the story.  The club is skint and can't afford to offer him what he believes he is worth yet Ben Gibson is hanging around like a bad smell, what would you think in his shoes? To compound things he then he has to work for a Coach who is clueless and destroying the club. I doubt I would want to stick around any club under those circumstances.

With regards to his "injury" his entire career has been littered with these which is precisely why we picked him up for £350K. It didn't start when he joined Boro and won't end now that he has left us, he is what he is and we knew that when we signed him.

He was a fantastic player for the majority of time he was on the pitch for us during his six and a half years of service. However, I haven’t seen anyone from Liverpool or Norwich questioning his commitment; If they have then that would just be reinforcement of his disloyalty being equally spread between clubs, as opposed to him being just disloyal to us. Him faking injury when playing for us is bad, regardless of whether he has done it before. Whatever job you do, you should be fully committed and don’t fake injury like Ayala. We could quite easily get relegated because of Ayala’s lack of commitment. That’s unforgivable to me.

We’re a mess behind the scenes with Gibson’s decision making, but that gives no mitigation to Ayala’s disloyalty. You might feel different in a few weeks if we slip into the relegation spaces - which is looking very likely.

To me, football is an ultra competitive sport in which you give absolutely everything for the club at all times when fit. That’s what set Leadbitter apart from Ayala. You don’t repeatedly fake an injury when needed like Ayala has made a habit of; Well, unless you’re akin to Donald Trump who avoided the military draft 5 times during the Vietnam War as you’re a sorry excuse of a human being that is all mouth and no action.

1 minute ago, mj south said:

Just seen Woodys interview on mfc website, its tragic how clueless he is

The usual i expect, not good enough, didn’t see it coming, against a great side with good players and pick ourselves up and go again next game??

Well the anticipation of the match soon became eroded by the realisation of just how poor a team, and set up we are from top to bottom!

Those wanting to see Clayton, Friend and Shotton start due to their experience must be spluttering in their tea because experience counted for zip!

Paddy must not be allowed to take another corner ever again!

Relying on other results is a fools errand in my opinion, relying on Woodgate to sort things out is a crazy mans dream!

How shocking that was from the moment the team was announced.

Will we win at home this year, even if the season was extended again?

5 minutes ago, Somerset Boro said:

The usual i expect, not good enough, didn’t see it coming, against a great side with good players and pick ourselves up and go again next game??

Absolutely spot on, just missed out "we looked good all week in training"

I wonder how much this whole lockdown will affect our financial position. One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is players we’ve had to keep that wont have been budgeted for. For example we have another £200k+ to pay out for gestede who was due to be gone by now.

28 minutes ago, p_mards said:

He was a fantastic player for the majority of time he was on the pitch for us during his six and a half years of service. However, I haven’t seen anyone from Liverpool or Norwich questioning his commitment; If they have then that would just be reinforcement of his disloyalty being equally spread between clubs, as opposed to him being just disloyal to us. Him faking injury when playing for us is bad, regardless of whether he has done it before. Whatever job you do, you should be fully committed and don’t fake injury like Ayala. We could quite easily get relegated because of Ayala’s lack of commitment. That’s unforgivable to me.

We’re a mess behind the scenes with Gibson’s decision making, but that gives no mitigation to Ayala’s disloyalty. You might feel different in a few weeks if we slip into the relegation spaces - which is looking very likely.

To me, football is an ultra competitive sport in which you give absolutely everything for the club at all times when fit. That’s what set Leadbitter apart from Ayala. You don’t repeatedly fake an injury when needed like Ayala has made a habit of; Well, unless you’re akin to Donald Trump who avoided the military draft 5 times during the Vietnam War as you’re a sorry excuse of a human being that is all mouth and no action.

I think that's harsh to accuse him of faking injuries. Some players are just overly cautious when they have niggly injuries, especially players with a long injury history. I think this is the case with Ayala.