oneBoro Forum

42 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

If I was Ayala I would fake an injury to not play. Why would you risk injuring yourself and being associated with a boro team going down? 

Because he's a professional athlete and that's what he's paid to do?  There's also the small matter of having some integrity.

It's worth remembering that we were struggling with him in the side so it's not like he has no responsibility for the situation we find ourselves in.

• Like 2
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Because he's a professional athlete and that's what he's paid to do?  There's also the small matter of having some integrity.

It's worth remembering that we were struggling with him in the side so it's not like he has no responsibility for the situation we find ourselves in.

Spot on CT

I don’t believe Ayala is faking injury because he is in injury prone and I’ll give him the benefit of doubt. Anyway it would take a lot more then Ayala to save the club from the inevitable and to be fair, I doubt the hearts of many a player are in for a fight. I think the club has set a success bar firmly at, establishment in this league. It’s were they see us fixed with forays up at the top and may be a dream pop up to the premier and down again. 

Edited by sanddancer

FFS  I go to the seaside for the day and finally arrive home to see this result on my screen.

Totally disgusted (nothing changes I guess) but I did expect Woodgate/Keane  to sort this lot out. (Silly me)

Gibson should have gave him his cards 2 months ago and allowed a new man to work with the squad.

11 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

FFS  I go to the seaside for the day and finally arrive home to see this result on my screen.

Totally disgusted (nothing changes I guess) but I did expect Woodgate/Keane  to sort this lot out. (Silly me)

Gibson should have gave him his cards 2 months ago and allowed a new man to work with the squad.

Hopefully you had a nice day at the seaside at least MM

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

It's so surreal seeing how much we have fallen since that premier league season and that's because of the chairman's decisions. 

@diggerlad07

@Smoggydownsouth

What will it take for him to go? Do you think Steve Gibson will just accept going down?! 

No idea, the plan all along apparently was to review in March international break and make a decision then. The forest performance regardless of the result and Charlton win was probably enough to save him from the axe this season.

IMO Even if we're relegated this season then Gibson will stick with Woody as he won't want to lose face over his own decision making especially knowing how the fans currently feel. I think he said as much in the gazette article at beginning of lockdown that he wanted to stick with Woody.

If we stay up, I heard he's wanting to give it a good go next season and that we will be in a lot healthier financial state given the players who are leaving on free transfers. (Not sure if that's still the case because of the current climate).

Today, I seen that regardless of formations, starting selections we are just not good enough as a squad and that's down to woody and his coaching staff. Our pattern of play hasn't changed for years and we just clueless all over the pitch. Woody stated he wanted high pressing etc and we haven't seen a glimpse of it all season. We play just hoof ball and that's unfortunately become our identity.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Duvel said:

Funnily enough the fact that he was from Boro was one of the biggest selling points about his appointment for some fans. 

I still find that strange. I don't care where our managers are from, I just want someone competent which he clearly isnt. 

Exactly - who would have hired Woodgate apart from Boro? Nobody. Not even a league 2 team I reckon. I want the best manager we can possibly get. Even on cheap wages we could have done way better.

Gibson wants to look at himself and ask - is Jonathan Woodgate the right man to manage us? 

This is his first full time appointment when the vast majority of the fans said it was a bad appointment from the start. Monk and Strachan had their backers. Sometimes Steve you have to listen to the fans. They watch the team more than anyone.

• Like 4

It's all fair and well blaming Ayala for not having professional integrity and not wanting to fight for the club etc. but where has the professional integrity and fight been from the club? The club have been treating fans like mushrooms with pitiful spin and hype that we are supposed to swallow without question. That's hardly acting with any definition I know of integrity. What then would make anyone think that internally the players aren't being fed the same garbage? Does anyone really think that players don't see and think the same as the fans? Do we think that the Players believe Woodgate and Keane have a great future in Management and all this is just a minor blip and that there's a bigger picture and a bright new future about to dawn? 

If the club aren't up for it, show no drive, no passion, no ambition and happy to put up with below par coaching and management why on earth would a professional want to remain in that type of environment or indeed have any desire to fight when the club seems flatter than a six month old bottle of Lowcock's lemonade with the top left off? What would motivate a professional athlete to get up and ready for the fight week after week, month after month?

They can see the standard of players departing and the ones coming in to replace them. As a professional how can you be motivated to buy into that philosophy, so bereft of control that its now desperately anchored around nepotism as a last desperate act. Some times for your own sanity and peace of mind you have to just walk away and give it up as a bad job. Watching that shower this afternoon its pretty clear that maybe Ayala has actually shown more integrity and honesty by simply walking away. Heaven knows there are plenty of fans about to do the same thing if it continues much longer.

• Like 5

I can't really add to anything that's been said and there are many here who know a lot more about football than me but as an outsider looking in I place the blame for this utter shambles firmly with Steve Gibson. He's a successful business man, isn't he? So how can he screw up this business so completely?

I thank him for his role in keeping the club going but it's surely time to put someone who knows what they're doing at the helm and back off and let them do it, assuming anyone even half competent would take the job now. That or seeing us relegated seem to be the only options as I don't suppose for one minute that there's a billionaire somewhere itching to buy Boro.

• Like 1

Apologies for the bad language in my post earlier. Obviously I was angry but every poster on here will be so it was no excuse. Sorry to anyone for any offence caused.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It's all fair and well blaming Ayala for not having professional integrity and not wanting to fight for the club etc. but where has the professional integrity and fight been from the club? The club have been treating fans like mushrooms with pitiful spin and hype that we are supposed to swallow without question. That's hardly acting with any definition I know of integrity. What then would make anyone think that internally the players aren't being fed the same garbage? Does anyone really think that players don't see and think the same as the fans? Do we think that the Players believe Woodgate and Keane have a great future in Management and all this is just a minor blip and that there's a bigger picture and a bright new future about to dawn? 

If the club aren't up for it, show no drive, no passion, no ambition and happy to put up with below par coaching and management why on earth would a professional want to remain in that type of environment or indeed have any desire to fight when the club seems flatter than a six month old bottle of Lowcock's lemonade with the top left off? What would motivate a professional athlete to get up and ready for the fight week after week, month after month?

They can see the standard of players departing and the ones coming in to replace them. As a professional how can you be motivated to buy into that philosophy, so bereft of control that its now desperately anchored around nepotism as a last desperate act. Some times for your own sanity and peace of mind you have to just walk away and give it up as a bad job. Watching that shower this afternoon its pretty clear that maybe Ayala has actually shown more integrity and honesty by simply walking away. Heaven knows there are plenty of fans about to do the same thing if it continues much longer.

I don't really get where you're going with all of this?  He has no integrity because he won't play the games he's already been paid to play.  He's an employee of the club, an employee that has already been paid for the work that he now doesn't want to do.  I don't give a crap what's going on at the club in terms of the manager or staff, it's irrelevant to the issue of Ayala refusing to play beyond June after being paid for the past few months.  If the stuff about him asking for a free transfer back in January is correct as well then it says even more about the bloke.  The only thing Ayala is interested in is money and his next contract.  I've got no problem with a professional athlete being interested in making money, that's what professional means, being paid to work.  However, there's nothing at all stopping him from seeing out the season and moving on with his head held high and gratitude from the fan base.  He's making the choice and the choice is a purely financial one.  Why put players on a pedestal?  He's done nothing in the past to be given a free pass on this, he just played football for us for a few years that's all.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Not to worry. It'll be much better in the next game if the fans can turn up.

🤦‍♂️

He’s thick as mince. What on earth does Gibson see in him? He’s  an embarrassment to the club. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Apologies for the bad language in my post earlier. Obviously I was angry but every poster on here will be so it was no excuse. Sorry to anyone for any offence caused.

You're a *** disgrace 😡

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

He’s thick as mince. What on earth does Gibson see in him? He’s  an embarrassment to the club. 

Are we sure that's not an older clip that someone is trying to pass off as being from today?  I thought I'd ask that in the interests of fairness.