oneBoro Forum

24 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Apologies for the bad language in my post earlier. Obviously I was angry but every poster on here will be so it was no excuse. Sorry to anyone for any offence caused.

None taken

• Like 1
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Are we sure that's not an older clip that someone is trying to pass off as being from today?  I thought I'd ask that in the interests of fairness.

I hope you’re right. According to the person who posted the clip, it’s from the official website though. 

A long time since I posted, but had a few Covid symptoms, and mixed with my Type 1 Diabetes = a lot of fun but am much much better now! 

Dear me where do we start with today? Absolutely shambolic from start to finish. Was absolutely incredible how leggy we were from the off compared to Swansea who looked so much sharper and fitter than us and sharper than us. It's like we've followed the populations example an sat on our backsides scoffing junk food and drinking scary amounts of booze (not me obvs 👀

I was worried that going in to the restart of the season we'd get stuffed, and genuinely didn't expect it to be quite so had as it was. Defense absolutely shambolic, attack was about as sharp as a blunt axe, and a midfield totally devoid of any sort of creativity. 

Worst part is I'd normally call for Woodgate to go and take the rest of his merry band of idiots with him, but who'd come to a club in freefall especially in the middle of a pandemic? 

😔

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

A long time since I posted, but had a few Covid symptoms, and mixed with my Type 1 Diabetes = a lot of fun but am much much better now! 

Glad you're feeling better, BB. Puts football, no matter how dire, into perspective. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Are we sure that's not an older clip that someone is trying to pass off as being from today?  I thought I'd ask that in the interests of fairness.

I have seen interview and I am quitr sure that was his answer to two separate questions which in that video have been mashed together to sound like one sentence.  I am not a fan of his as a manager but someone edited that video imo.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't really get where you're going with all of this?  He has no integrity because he won't play the games he's already been paid to play.  He's an employee of the club, an employee that has already been paid for the work that he now doesn't want to do.  I don't give a crap what's going on at the club in terms of the manager or staff, it's irrelevant to the issue of Ayala refusing to play beyond June after being paid for the past few months.  If the stuff about him asking for a free transfer back in January is correct as well then it says even more about the bloke.  The only thing Ayala is interested in is money and his next contract.  I've got no problem with a professional athlete being interested in making money, that's what professional means, being paid to work.  However, there's nothing at all stopping him from seeing out the season and moving on with his head held high and gratitude from the fan base.  He's making the choice and the choice is a purely financial one.  Why put players on a pedestal?  He's done nothing in the past to be given a free pass on this, he just played football for us for a few years that's all.

Not putting any player on a pedestal at all all footballers are contractors, nothing more, nothing less but there are two sides to a story and I doubt either of them come out of it squeaky clean. Ayala effectively handed his notice in in January, how both sides dealt with that seems to be unclear unless of course you fully buy into the hastily published Gazette version. Money motivates most workers in life in all walks of life, a footballer is no different to the rest of us. Past footballers are exactly that, in the past when they once played for us. You seen today a few examples of players playing with their heads held high, I'm not giving Ayala a free pass but nor am I giving MFC a free pass, to me something currently stinks thats all. 

Been locked down in the sahara desert for 6 months. Heard the football had started again so checked in. Saw this result and thought thanks a bloody bunch woody. Just what i need.

Going back to the sand and bury my head as deep as i can. Probably see Gibbo while i am there. 

Any messages to pass on? 

• Like 1

I don't think Ayala refused to play, he refused to sign a new contract or extend his current contract.  The club decided they didn't want him around the team if he wasn't going to stay.  I think Woody was being honest about this in the pre-match conference  - unlike the propaganda tirade from the Gazette. 

8 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Going back to the sand and bury my head as deep as i can. Probably see Gibbo while i am there. 

Any messages to pass on? 

Tell him that he needs to stop taking his sleeping tablets? 

35 minutes ago, White Band said:

I don't think Ayala refused to play, he refused to sign a new contract or extend his current contract.  The club decided they didn't want him around the team if he wasn't going to stay.  I think Woody was being honest about this in the pre-match conference  - unlike the propaganda tirade from the Gazette. 

He said he would be available for the games in June but then did one full contact session and said he had a sore ankle, so in reality he wasn't available. Rightly or wrongly this was the final straw that then what caused the breakdown in relationship from the club's point of view

9 hours ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Thanks, was just grim to have but am back to being perpetually disappointed by Boro now! 😅

Good to know you are doing well now BB, I think I just might take the mental health survey:classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Lord_Moose said:

Sounds like we were absolutely shambolic today but then I remember that clip of the training match and think, are we really surprised? 

No one can really be surprised the one thing this squad didn't need was more time on the training pitch with Woody.

The  more input he has the less we look like we know what we are doing. The Hull game now looks massive.

• Haha 1