oneBoro Forum

45 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I think I read Woodgate said he was ill which was why he wasnt in the team.

Probably nothing in it but I don't believe a word that comes out of Woody's mouth these days. Same for the club. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Blanco said:

Time to lighten up a bit folks. We’re not even in league 1 and people are worrying about how we will cope down there. We haven’t gone down and are not in the drop zone. We all knew that there would be a big turnover of players at the end of this season due to the expiry of big contracts and we should be on more stable financial footing for next season. It’s not all doom and gloom (yet).

Who are you...and what have you done with the real Blanco? 😝

We're not down yet...and may survive by the skin of our teeth. If thats the case, I really hope whoever said Gibson would be prepared to loosen the purse strings is right. But he needs to get shot of Woodgate, otherwise it'll just be money down the drain.

If we do go down, he could just sack Woody and get someone in who knows how to work with young players and give a bunch of the academy lads a shot at first team football. They can't do any worse than this lot.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Who are you...and what have you done with the real Blanco? 😝

We're not down yet...and may survive by the skin of our teeth. If thats the case, I really hope whoever said Gibson would be prepared to loosen the purse strings is right. But he needs to get shot of Woodgate, otherwise it'll just be money down the drain.

If we do go down, he could just sack Woody and get someone in who knows how to work with young players and give a bunch of the academy lads a shot at first team football. They can't do any worse than this lot.

Woodgate is not the man for the job IMO but while he is in charge I want him to do well. We are in a good position for a complete reset and the pandemic has possibly helped us more than other teams. I know some vilify him on here but Steve Gibson will see us right financially as soon as FFP (financial unfair play) allows. He won’t destroy us unlike other club owners.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m still fuming after Saturdays display of ineptitude.. I can not believe what a cretin we have for a manager.. he’s got to be the worst Incumbent in my life time .. he’s had the same preparation time as all the other managers and he somehow Managed to preside over a complete sh@tshow. 

How is he still in a job he is absolutely clueless?

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Woodgate is not the man for the job IMO but while he is in charge I want him to do well. We are in a good position for a complete reset and the pandemic has possibly helped us more than other teams. I know some vilify him on here but Steve Gibson will see us right financially as soon as FFP (financial unfair play) allows. He won’t destroy us unlike other club owners.

Yep's I believe this season was a gamble by Gibson on saving money and letting our high earners leave this summer then restart building a team. The issues are can we stay up and do you really trust Woodgate to recruit players that will build a squad fit for promotion in the next 2-3 seasons? 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yep's I believe this season was a gamble by Gibson on saving money and letting our high earners leave this summer then restart building a team. The issues are can we stay up and do you really trust Woodgate to recruit players that will build a squad fit for promotion in the next 2-3 seasons? 

Can’t argue with that DR

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Do you believe Woodgate chooses the players?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

That is true he doesn't have a deciding say in the players and that is why he is manager as he is simply a yes man. He doesn't demand stuff in the same way previous managers have. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

That is true he doesn't have a deciding say in the players and that is why he is manager as he is simply a yes man. He doesn't demand stuff in the same way previous managers have. 

On that basis, do you think he picks the teams?

13 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Then it was a really poor gamble against the odds. Please don’t fall for the trap of thinking our squad is one of the worst 3 in this division, any manager worth his salt would have this team in 10th-14th with ease.

If we had no money fair enough why not instead ‘gamble’ on Spence being good enough, pass on signing Dijksteel and put that money towards a better manager? Surely it’s better to be scraping around for some old right back on loan in January than deciding wether to change the manager.

• Wow 2
4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

On that basis, do you think he picks the teams?

He defiantly does pick the side however it seems to me he lacks authority and respect from the squad.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Oh I do believe he chooses the players after all who else would pick line ups we see. We may not yet be in league 1, and, should for some Devine intervention we don’t, I can’t see how anyone could say he has done or will do well. 

• Like 1