oneBoro Forum

Ok we have done ourselves no favours this week so let us a hope things change against Stoke.

If not then I am sure we will be highly amused by the match day thread that Boro-Unger will prepare for our entertainment.

Love his audible opening threads but would love to see a return to the graph classics he has done in the past

• Like 1
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror and question whether he’s letting his personal loyalty towards Woodgate cloud his, apparent, objective judgement of an absolutely incompetent manager.

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yiel

Quick bit of maths  if you put £3 on at 91/1 means .... .... You lose £3 

Posted Images

At MM, sorry Dave I have had to delete your last post, the contents go against what is now acceptable and leaves the forum open to criticism should we be seen to tolerate old fashioned biasis

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Oh I do believe he chooses the players after all who else would pick line ups we see. We may not yet be in league 1, and, should for some Devine intervention we don’t, I can’t see how anyone could say he has done or will do well. 

I agree that he probably does, but in the past there have been incidents of Gibson signing players that the manager doesn’t want, Alves, Rhodes, Gestede and Downing for example and this was when the club was under the tenure of stronger managers.

Last season Gibson intervened with Pulis’ selection by telling him he couldn’t start Downing, so I don’t think it’s beyond belief that Gibson has a say in the lineup.   

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

At MM, sorry Dave I have had to delete your last post, the contents go against what is now acceptable and leaves the forum open to criticism should we be seen to tolerate old fashioned biasis

I’d not come across that before, are you talking about the word for a man who owns a yard and disposes of dead animals? 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

In my best Essex accent "Wotever Alan"  I know you have to do your job and a bloody good job you do.(Unpaid as well.)

Keeping plonkers like me on the straight and narrow. I still luv ya mate. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I agree that he probably does, but in the past there have been incidents of Gibson signing players that the manager doesn’t want, Alves, Rhodes, Gestede and Downing for example and this was when the club was under the tenure of stronger managers.

Last season Gibson intervened with Pulis’ selection by telling him he couldn’t start Downing, so I don’t think it’s beyond belief that Gibson has a say in the lineup.   

Why doesn't Gibson just make himself the manager then?!

I thought it was strange that Woodgate said he picked Gestede because of his performance at Charlton. That was months ago and did he even have that good of a game? He certainly didn't do an awful lot against Swansea but he did have quite a few chances.

He said he picked Nmecha based on training, which is fair enough. But his head was really never in the right place throughout. When he had that effort from out wide just drift over/wide, I originally gave him the benefit of the doubt in thinking it was an attempt at goal... but judging by the rest of his performance, it could well have been a dreadful cross, despite the fact the box was entirely empty at the time. Like the spirit of Pulis had entered him, looked at the lack of people in the box and said "Now is the time to cross".

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I thought it was strange that Woodgate said he picked Gestede because of his performance at Charlton.

Yeah I thought the same. It was the equivalent of picking a player for the first game of the season because he played ok in the last game of the previous season because the gap was so long. 

Woodgate doesn't really need  to explain anything because it was so clear that he got things wrong. 

I imagine Gestede or Nmecha could look like a world beater in training playing against our defence.  I mean, if Nmecha is going up against Friend he probably comes out looking like he's Messi.  

Neither of them have shown any consistent form in competitive matches suggesting they are good enough, or fit whatever system this is supposed to be.  

• Like 3

I can see the argument for how they’ve played in training and for Woodgate basing their starting performances based on how they’ve played, but as we’ve seen that constant chopping and changes has yielded 4 wins all season. 

You’d have thought that we could have got some consistency in our game but the next game will also have a completely different team. 

I think Woodgate gambled on the “experienced” heads to get us through that game vs Swansea, but his problem is that the experienced players are past their sell by date or in Howson’s case, being played out of position. 

I don’t see how having both Nmecha and Gestede in the side could be beneficial? When we have no width, how are we hoping to deploy them? We literally kicked it long and gambled on set pieces. 

I worry about how we still have no identity to how we play and how we are neither a possession based team, counter attack team or as Woodgate wanted, a high pressing team. 

Added on to this,  we have such a mix of players that I don’t even think you could find a style to suite everyone. I don’t know if it’s me but I look at how we play and it is very very worrying. That’s not the players, that is 100% the coaching that happens on the training pitch. 

Karanka drilled into people what their roles were and how they should play and made average players better because of it. He had a 4231 system which had roles and responsibilities for each player. Yes at times it was boring, but we had a structure and a strong foundation to build from. 

what have we got with Woodgate? An experimental manager and coaching staff who are winging it and taking us down like a lead balloon. Players look de motivated, lost and as a fan base, again I just have no connection with the club at the moment. No players who I feel really care and show it on the pitch. Our most hungry players, Roberts, was head and shoulders above ours on Saturday purely for wanting the ball and wanting to create things, and he is on loan and has no association with us!

You could see him getting frustrated as the game went on because we were so bad. A couple of times with Spence and then with the attackers for their poor runs. 

i whole heartedly think that with a different manager, more would be extracted from these players for the remaining games. It’s not going to happen, and Gibson and the Gazette will not be hard on Woodgate as he’s passionate and a boro lad and wants to see it right. The propaganda machine will continue to roll over the summer and we’ll say how we’ll come back stronger and Woodgate will have learnt from his mistakes. 

Everyone connected to the club realises that appointing Woodgate was a bad decision. It’s an embarrassment that he is still here as at any other club he would be gone. 

This is been the worst post I’ve made while having a poo for a long time. I’m angry and *** off with boro and to top it off, there’s no loo roll left either. 

Edited by ManBearPig
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

The bare minimum I usually expect from a manager is to have the back 4 well drilled. If we brought someone like Warnock in that would be the first thing he did. 

It's not pretty to watch but Woodgate should have spent the last few weeks getting our defensive shape sorted and at least made us hard to beat. 

If we were a great attacking team who scored goals and entertained then I'd sacrifice some defensive organisation but we don't do that either. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The bare minimum I usually expect from a manager is to have the back 4 well drilled. If we brought someone like Warnock in that would be the first thing he did. 

It's not pretty to watch but Woodgate should have spent the last few weeks getting our defensive shape sorted and at least made us hard to beat. 

If we were a great attacking team who scored goals and entertained then I'd sacrifice some defensive organisation but we don't do that either. 

Yep that’s the problem it’s seems that we just don’t do anything, we don’t have a solid defence and we don’t have an attack to make up for it. We just have to sit here and watch this slow motion car crash even though we got a once in a lifetime opportunity to press the pause button and fix things.

• Like 2

The least you would expect from an ex defender like Woodgate who's played at the top level, is to be able to organize a back four that can actually resemble some sort of a defense.. 

In attack we're knackered we have 2 players in Gestede and Nmecha who don't score goals and Britt who before the lockdown looked like he doesn't want to be here and I don't think that scenario will have changed, and then theirs Fletcher who's very hit and miss.Its looking like we're going to have to rely heavily on Tav, Wing and Roberts weighing in with a few.  

• Like 1

A half decent manager would get goals from Roberts, Britt and tavernier. Not enough to get us in the play offs but enough to not be on the verge of relegation.

• Like 2

I think the case is, that SG want's the club to be self sustained .. He doesn't want to feed the club a load of money each season ..  wether it being in the Championship or League One - 

So there are two scenarios .. 

We stay up (by a miracle) and the club has lowered the expences and we might remain a Championship side ... 

Or...

We go down to League 1 and find our level 

It's all about bussiness .. The club must be self sustained .. The league we play in is irrelevant for this matter .. 

• Sad 1