Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Borodane

Boro vs Swansea 0-3

Recommended Posts

Anyone heard if they're going to make this 5 subs thing permanent, or is it just til the end of the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we've both been let off a bit in this game. That Roberts one is one of those that could have been red.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have another 3 months break after this trauma? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has only stayed at 3 because Swansea were happy to chill and take the points. We haven't layed a single glove on them.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Anyone heard if they're going to make this 5 subs thing permanent, or is it just til the end of the season?

It's because of the quick restart and to protect the players. So I would say it's temporary.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people still think we're not going down then?

Woodgate had shown how clueless he was before the pandemic hit. Why on Earth would he be any better afterwards?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Looks like we've both been let off a bit in this game. That Roberts one is one of those that could have been red.

I was surprised it wasn’t. Mind you, if the first half was a yellow, so was that

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re really going down aren’t we? I’ve thought so since about October but it’s getting all too realistic now. We'll be stuck in league 1 for years having to look at players every week like friend, shotton, Clayton, Fry, McNair, Saville, Nmecha, Gestede, howson etc. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Do people still think we're not going down then?

Woodgate had shown how clueless he was before the pandemic hit. Why on Earth would he be any better afterwards?

The hope is that there are three teams worse. There’s about 5 teams that deserve to go down

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

We’re really going down aren’t we? I’ve thought so since about October but it’s getting all too realistic now. We'll be stuck in league 1 for years having to look at players every week like friend, shotton, Clayton, Fry, McNair, Saville, Nmecha, Gestede, howson etc. 

The only thing that will save us is Hull/Charlton being even worse than us

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hewie said:

The hope is that there are three teams worse. There’s about 5 teams that deserve to go down

Yeah, and we're one of them. We were always one of them. Why are people surprised?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, we are down unless Woodgate gets replaced.

Warnock is the man to keep us up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the worst performance of the season, which is saying something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget formations etc, we never change the way we play and that comes from one man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Latest Posts

    • I have watched some higlights different angles from the first Swansea goal .. If the ball doesnt deflect off Spence .. It would be off target across the box
    • I agree with all that but I'm talking about next season rather than this one and the parameters that Warnock may have to work with and in the context of some of the names and amount of new players being suggested on here generally. Not wishing to dampen the enthusiasm in any way but I think there will need to be a harsh new financial reality in football generally and with Boro in particular.  I'm speculating that £12M is the absolute minimum wage bill but SG might be willing to find more funds. A full season without gate income at the Riverside, Bulkhaul hit by Brexit and the Hotel closed for the last 12 months will have had a significant hit. Out of the eleven mentioned, Bettenelli, McNair, Hall, Howson, Saville, Bolasie, Akpom, Fletcher, Kebano, Roberts and Assombalonga, six of them, (Bettenelli, Fletcher, Bolasie, Kebano, Roberts and Assombalonga) won't be there and if in the case of Fletcher for example is here it won't be on the same terms. I'm guessing that Hall is nearer the £10K a week purely from reports around the time of his transfer leaving just McNair, Howson and Saville on the bigger salaries. How much we are contributing to Bolasie, Kebano and Bettenelli's wages at the minute I have no idea but it is probably eye watering.
    • That sounds about right to me, with my fag packet maths.
×
×
  • Create New...